Fieldfisher Online Assessment

LegalNim

Legendary Member
Nov 14, 2019
I haven't heard back and it has been 14 days. I think the 7 days might have just been when you would recieve the test report with your strengths? I got that pretty quickly after
The seven days should be for finding out whether you've got an interview because my email for my feedback said "We will be in touch within 7 days regarding the outcome of your application.".
It's been 14 days for me now and I haven't heard back. I emailed them and they said that they're still reviewing it. I tried to phone but they don't accept phonecalls. I've actually been really put off the firm by this. If they hadn't given a timescale then that's fine but this just demonstrates that they can't/won't even almost stick to deadlines and are very disorganised. I feel like this could get very frustrating if you're trying to sort out seat rotations or funding for the LPC etc. Not having a phoneline appears to not want to be chased up or accountable and makes me feel pretty unwelcome. Fieldfisher were in my top three firms (along with HSF and Freshfields) but this experience has really lowered them on my preferences to be honest.

PSM

Esteemed Member
Aug 9, 2019
The seven days should be for finding out whether you've got an interview because my email for my feedback said "We will be in touch within 7 days regarding the outcome of your application.".
It's been 14 days for me now and I haven't heard back. I emailed them and they said that they're still reviewing it. I tried to phone but they don't accept phonecalls. I've actually been really put off the firm by this. If they hadn't given a timescale then that's fine but this just demonstrates that they can't/won't even almost stick to deadlines and are very disorganised. I feel like this could get very frustrating if you're trying to sort out seat rotations or funding for the LPC etc. Not having a phoneline appears to not want to be chased up or accountable and makes me feel pretty unwelcome. Fieldfisher were in my top three firms (along with HSF and Freshfields) but this experience has really lowered them on my preferences to be honest.

I am sorry to hear this! I was also waiting up to 14 days so you might hear this week?

PSM

Esteemed Member
Aug 9, 2019
Great to hear guys! Best of luck. It was a mix of competency and motivation questions.

Thought mine went well, hard to gauge though as they don’t give anything away!

Zup

Dec 6, 2019
I saw that the Manchester assessment centres were on the 17 December?

Yeah and Birmingham and London are next week!

Worth remember that these assessment centres are for the Diversity Access Scheme and NOT the training contracts!

Are people on this thread reffering to the Training contract or Diversity Scheme applications?

PSM

Esteemed Member
Aug 9, 2019
Yeah and Birmingham and London are next week!

Worth remember that these assessment centres are for the Diversity Access Scheme and NOT the training contracts!

Are people on this thread reffering to the Training contract or Diversity Scheme applications?

Ahh I see! I applied for the London training contract.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.