TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Not sure how to answer that in an application, but I genuinely agree with your point.
    I am neurodiverse and because of it I sometimes struggle to put my thoughts into words. So AI has been life changing for me. It helps me brainstorm cause it's like having someone talking with me about a topic. Even if I am not using it, the fact that I have something that can help me put my thoughts into words eases my anxiety.
    Plus, AI is inevitably going to be integrated into various aspects of our lives and using AI is a skill in itself (eg. prompting chat gpt).
    Thank you so much for your insights!

And using AI doesn't mean fully relying on it for crafting answers, but rather using it as a helpful tool to express thoughts more effectively, which I find beneficial. I can also see the reasons why some firms might prefer candidates not to use it, especially when evaluating written communication skills, as it could be misleading. However, for this application, I think I need to choose a side, and personally, I lean more towards being in favour of using AI assistance rather than being completely against it.

And exactly! I feel like in today’s digital and rapidly evolving job market, technological proficiency is very important and using AI in recruitment is just a step forward in embracing it, like it was embraced in other areas.

I don’t know what to dooo

yasmars

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 1, 2021
    Thank you so much for your insights!

And using AI doesn't mean fully relying on it for crafting answers, but rather using it as a helpful tool to express thoughts more effectively, which I find beneficial. I can also see the reasons why some firms might prefer candidates not to use it, especially when evaluating written communication skills, as it could be misleading. However, for this application, I think I need to choose a side, and personally, I lean more towards being in favour of using AI assistance rather than being completely against it.

And exactly! I feel like in today’s digital and rapidly evolving job market, technological proficiency is very important and using AI in recruitment is just a step forward in embracing it, like it was embraced in other areas.

I don’t know what to dooo
    I think it’s good to be honest and express your thoughts as you have just done. In the question they say that there is no right or wrong answer and I think your thoughts are quite interesting :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: bella98

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.