Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Should I mention the merger on the Shearman application? @Jessica Booker

There's a question on what set the firm apart and was wondering if I should mention the implications of the merger as one point?
It depends if it is relevant to your application or not. I think it is fine to mention it if it is, but at the same time it wouldn’t need to be something you definitely mention.

Reactions: futuretrainee2024

77777law

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 22, 2023
Is it just me or in the Osborne Clarke application form there is no section to further explain education details (especially if foreign)? I find this odd as Osborne Clarke has its application form on Vantage and in other Vantage forms like the Reed Smith one there is a section for this, so just wanted to check whether this is just me or if anyone else has found this to be the case? :)

law2022x

Legendary Member
Feb 21, 2022
Does anyone have experience reapplying to Covington after making it to final stages in the past? They say this on their website:

"Candidates who have previously applied, including those who have previously attended an interview, can reapply the following year. However, candidates must be able to demonstrate how their application has developed since they last applied to the firm."

Does anyone have advice for what they might expect? How much development are they expecting here?

saqlain09

• Dec 18, 2023
    Can we put down previous AC's as potential experience? It will highlight to a firm that we have managed to get through to an AC, completing the case study and presentation is definitely valuable, as well as the group exercise. Or is it simply not enough?

Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.