TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
I’m writing an application to a firm I reached the AC stage for last cycle as I really liked the firm and they encouraged me to apply again.

I was just wondering though, should I reference the fact I reached the AC/expect it to come up at any stage? Or do I just treat it as a brand new application with the two completely separate?

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
I applied to Gibson Dunn in mid September and still haven’t heard. I sent an email today but not sure if they’ll respond
They just responded, they’re still reviewing applications and said “If you have not received a rejection, you are still being considered and your application may not have been reviewed yet.”

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
Is it worth emailing Akin if I did the test 2nd Jan and haven’t heard back? I don’t want to be pushy but I have another summer offer. Akin is my first choice so :/ would love to hear back before accepting. Could someone help me with what’s a nice way to word this email please
Do the dates definitely clash to stop you from doing both schemes?

TakeAChanceOnMe

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 4, 2023
No no, from my past experience at CC, it means that it will be your responsibility to introduce to the interviewer your work experience. I really like the CV blind process because you will be telling your experience for the first time, which will make it more interesting rather than them already know about it and you just repeating what they already know about you
That's amazing, thank you so much

babylawyer1942

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 30, 2023
    anyone waiting on akin (post-test) and gibson dunn (post-app) still?

is it worth emailing gibson dunn?
    I emailed them last night. They replied today saying if you haven't been rejected yet, your application is still under review no matter how long ago you applied. And, they'll get back with an outcome when they can

Reactions: lawyerletsgo

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.