Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is the Travers Smith deadline today or tomorrow? “Midnight on the 14th Jan” is a bit confusing icl
I think this will be 23.59 tomorrow. It would be pretty weird for them to close on a Saturday evening - if you were going to close on a weekend, you might as well do it on a Sunday.

Reactions: Sharon Wu

ellabasing

Standard Member
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2023
Hi everyone! I am due to the Macfarlanes Online Assessment, however I was wondering if anyone has any advice/has done this yet. I have done a couple of the practice tests, but they don't really give any feedback so if anyone has any advice, that would much appreciated! Thanks

Cynthia14

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2023
    Hi everyone! I am due to the Macfarlanes Online Assessment, however I was wondering if anyone has any advice/has done this yet. I have done a couple of the practice tests, but they don't really give any feedback so if anyone has any advice, that would much appreciated! Thanks
    I think the test just testing your behaviour, because most of the parts were SJT, and the last part was similar to WG. So just be yourself is ok

km_bntn

Oct 31, 2023
    It will apply to the vacancy you are applying to, but if this included being converted to a TC at a later date I would include this too.
    Ah, thank you! I've accidentally put on 2 or 3 apps that I need one 😅 Are Grad Rec typically quick to respond if I email them about the mistake and would it adversely impact my chances of proceeding with the application?

PlimptonWeld

Star Member
    Jul 13, 2022
    does anyone know slaughters final interview to places ratio? or freshfields AC to places ratio?
    I had my interview with Slaughters this week and the partner interviewing told me that it's highly competitive with only a very small cohort for summer work experience. The senior assoc. in the interview also said not to worry because she got rejected for summers but got the TC there. But would be interested in stats.

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    I am answering this question 'Identify a current commercial issue which is relevant to RPC. Please explain why you consider it to be significant to the stakeholders involved. (300 words max)'. However, I had a significant current issue in mind but please could someone help me with an example. For some reason, even after answering this multiple times it has thrown me off.
    I've chosen the topic of AI and intellectual property rights (authorship and ownership in the context of AI-generated works, the application of copyright laws to these creations, and the challenges in patenting AI-invented products.)

• 🏆
    Reactions: Sunshinepink

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Ah, thank you! I've accidentally put on 2 or 3 apps that I need one 😅 Are Grad Rec typically quick to respond if I email them about the mistake and would it adversely impact my chances of proceeding with the application?
    I wouldn’t say quick to respond via email - they get a lot of emails. I wouldn’t worry about it too much, in most cases you can work out if someone wouldn’t need a visa (eg if they are studying at a U.K. university)

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    I'm practicing written assessments for another firm, what did the freshfields assessment entail? Are they just case studies or more on the proof-reading line?
    There is a proof-reading exercise that you do in your own time. Then at the in-person AC, you have a motivational/SJT/competency interview with a partner and associate. you also have a case study interview with a partner and an associate!

Ghassen

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 24, 2022
    Thank youu!

I should have started the application sooner; it took me a while to answer those questions.😫 Do you think they review the application before sending the WG? I thought the test was automatic
    No the test is not automatic. The email said
    “We enjoyed your application and would like to invite you to the next stage of our recruitment process…”

• 🤝
    Reactions: bella98

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.