TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

manifestingtrainingcontract

Distinguished Member
  • Dec 24, 2023
    Do I need to use Freshfields full name or is just Freshfields okay?
    I used Freshfields, as they refer to themselves as such. My rule of thumb with firms is to only call them by what they call themselves. So for instance, Slaughter and May never call themselves 'Slaughter' or 'Slaughter & May', or Hogan Lovells never use 'HL' as an abbreviation. But Freshfields uses Freshfields to refer to themselves pretty commonly, so it's fine

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Do graduate recruitment teams review applications in the order they received it? Is it safe to assume a PFO when I see candidates progress to the next round when they applied on the same day or later than me? @Jessica Booker
    Not necessarily on a chronological order, and so you can’t really assume you have been unsuccessful just because other people have heard back.

Reactions: eleven14og

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I have a slight issue @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre I took the akin assessment on the 13th or 14th but when I did not receive a feedback report. I logged in today and it says that the 'deadline has passed'. However, I remember it saying that my assessment was submitted and they would get look over it. However, I also do not have a confirmation email. What do I do?
    You should contact the firm to explain this. There might not be anything they can do, but at the same time they might and they definitely won’t be able to do anything if you don’t flag it to them.

These tests usually have the ability to see when people clicked opened the email and/or click on the link/start the test, and so if you can provide an approximate time you took the test, that might help your case.

• 🏆
    Reactions: Sunshinepink and axelbeugre

lons52

Jan 17, 2024
    I completed my Reed Smith assessment on 30th December and received my assessment confirmation then. However, I just received another confirmation of completing my assessment so am slightly confused. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it possible that they think I completed it again? Or was it simply a mistake? Thank you!
    I emailed them and they said it was sent in error

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    @axelbeugre @Jessica Booker do you know if for firms which have no minumum a level requirements whether they still require a certain number of UCAS points?
    I personally do not know this but I would not say so, if they do not have a minimum a level requirement, they will surely not going to focus on UCAS points so I would not worry too much. However, if you want to be 100% sure, I would email graduate recruitment at the firms in question and ask, they are the best people to ask.

Reactions: e1996

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.