TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

helly1234

Premium Member
Jan 18, 2023
Hi, I have my Willkie written exercise coming up. I learned last year that it's impossible to prepare for them but would greatly appreciate if anyone has any tips or if you could share your experience of how you found it?

Untilwinter

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2020
Came to the disturbing realisation I prefer interviews with a strict time limit on VI preparation time.
Agree. Those unlimited Vis make you spend an entire day on them. You feel like you can do more but is your chance of getting through the stage much higher?? Dont think so

Law_Between_Life

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2023
Agree. Those unlimited Vis make you spend an entire day on them. You feel like you can do more but is your chance of getting through the stage much higher?? Dont think so
Defending my stance.

I like how a time-limited interview requires a degree of intuition, whereas an unlimited time limit seems more like a spoken application answer (while still demonstrating yourself as engaging). I enjoy the skill of defending a position you didn't know you were going to have to defend until about 1 minute ago.

I wholeheartedly agree with your point, too. I have just done a partner interview in person at a top-ten law firm, and I can honestly say I was more uncomfortable with the unlimited time limit VI. Strange but funny.

LIlaw

Jul 26, 2023
Does anyone know if they record your audio (as well as video) when you are doing an assessment? I often talk to myself/read myself the question a few times and wondering whether I need to stop doing that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: AB

jplaw1010

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
Does anyone know if they record your audio (as well as video) when you are doing an assessment? I often talk to myself/read myself the question a few times and wondering whether I need to stop doing that 😂
I think they record it to make sure you arent cheating (if someone else comes in the room and starts helping you) but i doubt they sit there and watch you the entire time you prep your answer. I might be wrong but it just seems like a waste of time if they do that

Reactions: AB

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Looks like an Addleshaw Goddard PFO (Post-test) for me then - London office :')
Honestly?! I believe it is same for me. This is truly upsetting as I did not expect to do a critical thinking test. My app was fantastic but I am not able to pass the critical thinking test.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.