TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Untilwinter

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2020
my strength for mayerbrown was teamwork and my weakness for akin was collaboration.
my strength for akin was growth and my weakness for links was excellence.
my strength for latham was self-awareness and amberjack said my weakness is self-awareness
all these contradictory results and i have managed to not past sjt for every single one of these firms. HOW. HOW DOES IT WORK

ADKM

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2022
my strength for mayerbrown was teamwork and my weakness for akin was collaboration.
my strength for latham was self-awareness and amberjack said my weakness is self-awareness
all these contradictory results and i have managed to not past sjt for every single one of these firms. HOW. HOW DOES IT WORK
I can totally relate to your post. In my akin report, collaboration was my strength and amberjack is telling me I’m neither inclusive nor collaborative 🤣 honestly don’t know how test benchmarks are decided as each one of them seem contradictory in their feedback reports

ljms

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2024
They don't. I really wish firms would stop it with these tests.

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    I KNOW RIGHT😭 I couldn’t relate more, it is so frustrating

The only explanation I have is that every firm has established its own benchmark based on the results of the people working there who took the test. This sets a standard for new applicants. So the benchmark for how “collaborative” you are is different for every firm

Firms, use the Watson Glaser more as I finally learned how to master it (and also do it at super speed haha)

Hana (aaah I want a TC)

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 7, 2023

The only explanation I have is that every firm has established its own benchmark based on the results of the people working there who took the test. This sets a standard for new applicants. So the benchmark for how “collaborative” you are is different for every firm

Firms, use the Watson Glaser more as I finally learned how to master it (and also do it at super speed haha)
    Watson Glaser for me is still a mystery 😭

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Watson Glaser for me is still a mystery 😭
    Practice really makes perfect😭 I know it's a common piece of advice, but it truly is effective - I've noticed significant improvement over time.
    There's still room for progress, as I don't always get the a very high score, but with practice you’ll pass it every time

Untilwinter

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2020

I wonder what it would be like for Baker cause they just implemented sjt. what benchmark would they have

Reactions: user9809

19.mfjones

Distinguished Member
  • Oct 16, 2023
    Really silly question, but BCLP had a Manchester TC option just a few weeks ago because I filled out half of the form. The deadline was 31/05/24. Yet it has disappeared? Are they no longer offering it because of how downhill the firm is going? They don't think they can handle trainees in that office? Is it still there and I'm being silly? Help

I'm kinda mad because I was halfway there to completing it so I'm really confused

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.