TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    Really silly question, but BCLP had a Manchester TC option just a few weeks ago because I filled out half of the form. The deadline was 31/05/24. Yet it has disappeared? Are they no longer offering it because of how downhill the firm is going? They don't think they can handle trainees in that office? Is it still there and I'm being silly? Help

I'm kinda mad because I was halfway there to completing it so I'm really confused
    BCLP is going downhill?

legallybrunette8

Esteemed Member
    Sep 9, 2023
    Really silly question, but BCLP had a Manchester TC option just a few weeks ago because I filled out half of the form. The deadline was 31/05/24. Yet it has disappeared? Are they no longer offering it because of how downhill the firm is going? They don't think they can handle trainees in that office? Is it still there and I'm being silly? Help

I'm kinda mad because I was halfway there to completing it so I'm really confused
    i noticed this too but i think they weren't even offering it in the first place even though there was an application for it 😭 like i think the website itself said smth like "london only" but when you clicked to apply manchester would be there. but yeah youre right, i went to check it yesterday and saw manchester disappeared so im glad i didnt even start it

Reactions: 19.mfjones

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Does completing/ being about to complete the LPC help you with vacation scheme and training contract applications? @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre :)
    I guess it helps you because you have a deeper understanding of the sector and can exhaustively talk about commercial issue which is good, but I personally do not think it makes you stand out as much. Especially now that the SQE is in place and certain firms do not allow LPC holders to apply. However, you are in a great position and I am sure you will succeed so do not worry too much!

Reactions: Sunshinepink

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    With all these SJT tests, has anyone found any external SJT practice tests to be useful? I assume they are quite different to the tailored ones we are getting for law firms.
    I honestly think SJT tests are the parts that are hardest to prepare for because they’re tailored and firms look for different things.

Did the RS one and all four answers appeared sensible. I think it’s one where the approach is just answer honestly and if you don’t pass it, you may for another firm.

dms21

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 6, 2023
    Honestly, I thought myself reasonably capable at maths until I did an Amberjack assessment - how can I be finding what should be simple percentages so difficult? 🤣
    I found it really difficult too, probably the hardest numerical test out of all the law firms! if you don't mind me asking, what did you get on your report between the three bars?

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    I found it really difficult too, probably the hardest numerical test out of all the law firms! if you don't mind me asking, what did you get on your report between the three bars?
    It was bang in the middle for numeracy, which sounds about right. Don’t know if speed is factored in, but I was painfully slow.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.