TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

MB17

Jun 12, 2020
surely they cant PFO all of us ? - at the same time, i really doubt that they have another batch of ACs :0
From my experience last year, they sent rejections AFTER they concluded ACs and offers. It seems like they're doing it in batches this year though, unless they've filled all their AC spots by now and will PFO us in a matter of time..

Reactions: bibss

kcr

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2022
From my experience last year, they sent rejections AFTER they concluded ACs and offers. It seems like they're doing it in batches this year though, unless they've filled all their AC spots by now and will PFO us in a matter of time..
During the AC Grad Rec said that we should hear back by the end of this week.

Last edited:

kcr

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2022
By "we" you mean those who made it to the AC stage? or does that include those who are waiting post-SJT? Clarification needed!
This was during the assessment centre so I assume that they meant for those at the AC.

I am not sure about those at the SJT stage, but I say this because I’m guessing that everybody else should hear back after this.

@Jessica Booker I am applying to Gateley and was hoping you had some advice on how to answer these questions? Any advice would be great as I am super stuck! Thank you!

*Please tell us what we would be most interested or surprised to know about you.

*Please describe a situation where you took responsibility and were trusted to do. What were the challenges involved and how did you overcome them?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker I am applying to Gateley and was hoping you had some advice on how to answer these questions? Any advice would be great as I am super stuck! Thank you!

*Please tell us what we would be most interested or surprised to know about you.

*Please describe a situation where you took responsibility and were trusted to do. What were the challenges involved and how did you overcome them?
For the first question, focus on the things that are not on your application form - it’s isn’t worthwhile repeating information already presented, it’s about demonstrating the things about your experiences or skill set that might not fit comfortably/easily into an application form but are a key element of your character. Try to find things that are more unique too.

For the second question, it needs to be something where you stood up and took responsibility rather than something you were naturally given. It doesn’t really matter what the example is, but there should be difficulty in the experience because they are asking you for challenges associated with the experience. Like most competencies questions, the STAR format of structuring your answer will be appropriate.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.