Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I disagree. I have 2 AC invites where my LinkedIn shows two recent views that (unknown) people from those firms have looked at my profile. So some must look even if it doesn't matter if you have one or not.
that’s slightly different - you are having an interview. Having LinkedIn or not having it didn’t influence whether you got the interview though, and having LinkedIn did not influence your interview outcome.

Having LinkedIn did not change the perception of you and therefor having it (or not having it as the poster suggested) is not a negative or a positive.

3000to1shoteverytime

Distinguished Member
Dec 9, 2023
that’s slightly different - you are having an interview. Having LinkedIn or not having it didn’t influence whether you got the interview though, and having LinkedIn did not influence your interview outcome.

Having LinkedIn did not change the perception of you and therefor having it (or not having it as the poster suggested) is not a negative or a positive.
Yes that's why I said they will look even if it doesn't matter if you have one or not. Perhaps it may be viewed positively if they can see you already engage and network even if not a negative for not having one?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Yes that's why I said they will look even if it doesn't matter if you have one or not. Perhaps it may be viewed positively if they can see you already engage and network even if not a negative for not having one?
They are just looking at your profile, they are not looking at how you engage on LinkedIn (and so can’t determine whether your networking is positive or not).

Reactions: yxngd2x, HarmonyN and S87

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Has anybody got any experience requesting to be moved to a different scheme to the one offered (i.e. firm has two summer schemes, you're offered scheme A but can only do Scheme B)? Do firms usually allow you to change, or should I expect a no?
Yes, I have done it and law firms are pretty open with this so do not worry too much!

• 🏆
Reactions: VacayScheme

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.