TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Apple

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 23, 2023
Did anyone notice that NRF deadline for summer vacation scheme became tomorrow instead of 18th February ?
I just realised this by coincidence, otherwise I will miss the deadline.
Apparently they don't need more applicants !!
Its a super late deadline, so its probably just people checking if there are any schemes still available and just applying.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker

I've got the Macfarlanes written exercise in a few days, which often includes a letter. In all the examples I have looked at people seem to never use any headings/sub-headings when writing these letters, even though they address multiple different legal issues. Is that normal?

I'm worried it will seem like I have no structure if I do it that way.

Do you have any "model" examples of a letter beyond just the formalities?
I don’t have any templates, but I think using headings will be fine.

Reactions: DGI235

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Is anyone else getting worried about fking up the interviews and thinking of making more back-up applications just out of desperation? I don't strictly have the time but also I am not sure how my VIs are going to be next week :/
I feel you so much and practicing for my upcoming VIs but also scheduled some extra applications.

• 🤝
Reactions: Cherikon and Miss Chocolate

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.