Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    They are with HSF and Cleary and I am really struggling to choose because I really enjoyed both ACs and am really interested in the work they do. I guess the sensible thing to do is to accept HSF given their conversion rate but it feels horrible to turn down a firm I really like especially if it means they would never hire me in the future.
    I wouldn’t necessarily say going with the one with the best conversion rate is the best strategy. Getting the TC is of course the main role but if you’re in the position to have received VS from two very good firms, you should back yourself to convert them regardless!

One thing you could take into the account is the length of the VS. I know HSF’s are usually 3 weeks, which are quite long. Not sure on Cleary.

It’s a hard decision but like @futuretrainee2023 has said, you will have the opportunity to move laterally in the future and turning down a VS doesn’t result in a total blacklisting.

I would write down the pros and cons of each firm and even if you can separate them by the tiniest of margins, that’s probably your best strategy. Best of luck!

• 🏆
    Reactions: futuretrainee2024

Xx123_

Dec 21, 2023
    When did you apply if you don’t mind me asking?

Perhaps it’s a PFO and they just haven’t got back to me yet but haven’t seen many on here mention them. May pop an email across (but congrats on the VI :))
    I sent off my application quite late I think around 28/12 and got the assessment on 3/01 and VI 18/01 and nothing since then …

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Hi @axelbeugre @Jessica Booker, if you know that you’ve been offered a place at a firm because they rang you but they haven’t sent the offer letter in over 2 weeks - should I send a follow-up email/ring them? I have received another offer since and there is a small chance that the placements could clash if I don’t get my preferred choice of dates.

Thank you so much!!
    I would reach out and explain the situation and I am sure they will give you an update soon.

Reactions: Lawyer500

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.