Pinsent Masons Application 2019/20

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
I know, been waiting so long! I think its an online test first according to the website.

Fingers crossed!!
I applied for both DLA and Pinsents way back in September because I believed both were rolling! In fact of the eight vac scheme applications that I have submitted, I only got my first actual response today (from Mills & Reeve)! The suspense is killing me haha

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    I applied for both DLA and Pinsents way back in September because I believed both were rolling! In fact of the eight vac scheme applications that I have submitted, I only got my first actual response today (from Mills & Reeve)! The suspense is killing me haha

Hope it was good news! I applied to DLA too, but on the deadline! I feel your pain though....I am waiting for news from ten firms at the moment and my inbox is like a ghost town! Four months wait must be intense!

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Hope it was good news! I applied to DLA too, but on the deadline! I feel your pain though....I am waiting for news from ten firms at the moment and my inbox is like a ghost town! Four months wait must be intense!
    I'm not holding my breath for DLA because I really panicked doing the WG test.

I got shortlisted for Mills & Reeve. I would have been devastated if I hadn't gotten through, to be honest! Need to pluck up the courage to do the WG by Tuesday...

Reactions: Camilla

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Jesus... I'm not sure that there are 17 firms I would legitimately want to work for! My original list had 12 but I weeded a few out when it came to getting the applications together.

Have you heard back from any of them?
    These are just the 17 I'm yet to hear back from! So far have been rejected from HSF, Latham, Jones Day, CC, Hogan Lovells and Bird & Bird, passed the first two stages of Mayer Brown's process and been invited to AC with Akin Gump and Kirkland. Admittedly some firms I'd prefer to work for more than others but after going through my original list of about 12 firms, I still had like a fair while till the application deadlines and had some time at uni so figured I'd send in a few more! I'm quite well practised at smashing out apps now so can normally start and finish an app in a day or two which helps a lot!

Camilla

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    I'm not holding my breath for DLA because I really panicked doing the WG test.

I got shortlisted for Mills & Reeve. I would have been devastated if I hadn't gotten through, to be honest! Need to pluck up the courage to do the WG by Tuesday...

Just get as much practise in as you can and you will do fine!

PSM

Esteemed Member
    Aug 9, 2019
    I got invited to the psychometric test today. Was only given until Friday 3pm to do it.

also apparently you can’t do the test on MacBooks...this will be interesting considering I don’t have a PC

Lauren

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 16, 2018
    Are there any example free tests
    I got invited to the psychometric test today. Was only given until Friday 3pm to do it.

also apparently you can’t do the test on MacBooks...this will be interesting considering I don’t have a PC
    I have too. Are there any example free tests you are aware of to practice?

T1

Standard Member
    Jan 13, 2020

Ah well done!

It seems very strange to give such a short deadline though.

Maybe you can do it on your phone? Or use a library, although it depends on the speed on their computers.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.