Mayer Brown Tests

Alexahills

Jan 9, 2019
Just got informed that I made it to telephone interview :)
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing if you included a 'why you' section in the cover letter? I am struggling with the word count and am tempted to only talk about 'why law' and 'why Mayer Brown' in the cover letter and would then use the 'range of achievements/interests' section to talk about 'why me'. Thanks a lot for any help :)

Biena

Distinguished Member
Nov 11, 2019
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing if you included a 'why you' section in the cover letter? I am struggling with the word count and am tempted to only talk about 'why law' and 'why Mayer Brown' in the cover letter and would then use the 'range of achievements/interests' section to talk about 'why me'. Thanks a lot for any help :)

I talked about why I personally wanted to work in commercial law, but it linked it back to my own work experience (as I'm a couple of years out of university). I didn't specifically call out any skills - I think you can demonstrate those by saying why you're interested in law (showing not telling).

Reactions: Alexahills

RN

Nov 12, 2019
Hi all! Considering Mayer Brown applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and the deadline is 31st January, do you think it would be too late to send an application this weekend?

Jen E C

Esteemed Member
Sep 6, 2018
Hi all! Considering Mayer Brown applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and the deadline is 31st January, do you think it would be too late to send an application this weekend?

It's possible. I submitted an application on the 30th Jan last year and passed the test, but by then they had filled up all of their AC spaces and stopped the process. I'm not sure how much of a difference a week would make, but it can't hurt to try.

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    For those that have completed tests and were invited to telephone interview: how long was the wait between? I did the tests on around the 10th January, received my results on the 12th, but haven’t heard anything since.

E.A

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2019
    For those that have completed tests and were invited to telephone interview: how long was the wait between? I did the tests on around the 10th January, received my results on the 12th, but haven’t heard anything since.

I did the online test on the 25th Dec and was invited for the telephone interview on the 12th Jan :)

• 🏆
    Reactions: Lumree

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    I did the online test on the 25th Dec and was invited for the telephone interview on the 12th Jan :)

That’s roughly how long it’s been for me now! I think I’ll wait till middle of next week to hear back and if I haven’t maybe drop them an email

mserwaah1

Star Member
    Jun 9, 2019
    Hey guys, was wondering if someone can help me out.. Can anyone name 3 firms that are Mayer Brown's competitors and why? Would appreciate this greatly and will be happy to help anyone currently still in the process before AC in exchange! Thank you :)

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hey guys, was wondering if someone can help me out.. Can anyone name 3 firms that are Mayer Brown's competitors and why? Would appreciate this greatly and will be happy to help anyone currently still in the process before AC in exchange! Thank you :)
    Look at how the firm is ranked for various departments in London on Chambers.com - then compare the firms that are also similarly ranked in those practice areas and you should get a good idea!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.