• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

Does anyone know when firms usually onboard for the GDL or SQE?

I'm trying to get my student bank account extended as I'll still be a student during the GDL, but my bank wants an offer letter or confirmation of study from the uni. I accepted my TC about a month ago, but haven't heard anything further, so I'm presuming none of this has started yet.

I'll probably just email grad rec next week, but I know they're busy with direct TC applications. Was just wondering when other firms have generally started this process?
 
  • ✅
Reactions: Abbie Whitlock
Hi everyone! I received an invitation to complete the BM video interview today with a deadline of 27/05, but I’ve since received another email saying I’ve been granted extra time (even though I didn’t request any), and the deadline has now changed to 26/05. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this!
Yep! Got the same. Ill assume the earlier deadline
 
Hi everyone! I received an invitation to complete the BM video interview today with a deadline of 27/05, but I’ve since received another email saying I’ve been granted extra time (even though I didn’t request any), and the deadline has now changed to 26/05. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this!
Same, i wasn't requesting for it. As for VS, I heard some ppl got a problem as well when they did the VI on the last day of first invite, as it said deadline was passed. So, better submit it on the earliest deadline, i guess. They notoriously bad at replying email, have you tried to contact them?
 
Yep! Got the same. Ill assume the earlier deadline
Same, i wasn't requesting for it. As for VS, I heard some ppl got a problem as well when they did the VI on the last day of first invite, as it said deadline was passed. So, better submit it on the earliest deadline, i guess. They notoriously bad at replying email, have you tried to contact them?
Thanks guys!!
 
anyone has any experience applying later on the cycle for rolling firms? i genuinely think i would not produce better application for the specific firm earlier than now, however, i also know that they opened in october so i am very much freaked out
 
  • ✅
Reactions: Abbie Whitlock

Find member