TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

I really can't comprehend why they have done a complete 180 this year from the previous years. I thought they were a bit more about inclusivity and people than just grades.
I could just be speculating but I think it has a lot to do with magic circle mergers with American firms and the fact that a lot of city firms have also put their own requirements up in response.

Thank you so so much Trump
 
Last edited:
I could just be speculating but I think it has a lot to do with magic circle mergers with American firms and the fact that a lot of city firms have also put their own requirements up in response.

Thank you so so much Trump 😀
They also probably want to reduce the number of applications they have to read. One of the easiest ways to do that is to (re)introduce grade requirements.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mart1nVa1l
yeah this came up last year - they just make everyone with a vac scheme offer do a 2nd AC and give out tcs?
from what i know they basically run 2 insight days after the VI stage. the first insight day is the first AC and if you pass you get invited to the second insight day which is the final AC. it doesn't really matter if you applied for the VS/TC because they give TCs if you pass the final round. now that they've stopped the VS I'm assuming everyone just applies normally for the TC
 
  • ℹ️
Reactions: jamsparkle
A weird one for you guys! 😭

Just completed the A&O Shearman online test and got my feedback report. All good stuff inside but it has my previous surname written on the front page.

I applied with my current surname and never mentioned the previous name in my application (it stopped being my legal name in 2021), and I've never applied to A&O or Shearman in the past...

There's no mention of my current surname in the feedback doc. How the hell did they find my old name and attach it to my application lol I'm so confused???
 
  • Wow
Reactions: FutureLawyer_

Find member