Email me, I can’t speak hereAll 3 of us need to be in the same assessment centre to wingman each other![]()
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Email me, I can’t speak hereAll 3 of us need to be in the same assessment centre to wingman each other![]()
WAIT PLEASE!! The day I progress in this cycle, no one will hear the end of itThey better give you a VS or we ride at dawn!!
![]()
So sorry this happened to you! I’m sure you have already tried this, but I would definitely recommend emailing their Grad Rec and explaining the circumstances.
Hope the rest of the cycle goes better for you![]()
when you go onto your candidaet dashboard after submitting, you can choose to add files!A&O says there’ll be extra place for you to upload your whole module list as a word later on the app — but I haven’t seen one? Has anyone had a chance to do it?
Hi! I have included some links to past threads that discuss written exercises in a lot of detail.Any general advice on written exercises (online)? Or any examples or practice ones people found useful, thank you!
Thank you very much this is super super useful!!Congrats to you both
Here's the structure I used in my MC AC prep, which got good feedback. Ashurst might test things a bit differently, but a written exercise is a written exercise (I hope?)
1. Read everything once before writing. Skim all the documents first, then go back and note anything that could affect the deal: regulatory hurdles, liabilities, problem clauses.
2. If it's an email to the partner or supervisor, keep the opening to a line, then go straight into the issues.
3. For each issue, I used an Issue header (also covering the source and the risk it poses) and a Solution header:
3A. Issue: a clear heading saying what the problem is, then point to the exact document or clause so the assessor can see you've read closely, and explain why it matters to your client
3B. Solution: practical next steps, such as due diligence questions, SPA protections (indemnities, conditions, warranties) or negotiation points
4. Put the biggest deal risk first. I chose 3 issues, as a few well-reasoned points beat lots of thin ones.
5. Leave time to proofread. Spelling and clarity get noticed.
Example (this was a practice case study I did with a friend, HR and SRA please leave me alone)
Dear [Partner],
Please see below my review of the attached materials and the key issues I have identified.
ISSUE 1: Potential CMA merger investigation
[Document X] states that [Target] had a turnover of £[X] in [year]. The CMA can review a merger if either of the following tests is met:
A. The target's UK turnover exceeds £100 million; or
B. The merged business would supply at least 25% of a particular good or service in the UK.
The turnover test appears to be met, so the deal could fall within the CMA's jurisdiction. Our client, [Client], should be made aware of this.
Solution: To reduce the risk of the deal being blocked or delayed, the parties could consider whether pre-emptive divestitures would address any competition concerns. We should also consider making CMA clearance a condition in the SPA, alongside an efforts covenant requiring both parties to take all reasonable steps to obtain approval.
ISSUE 2: Potential litigation arising from a product recall
[Document X] shows that [Target]'s CEO has issued a letter recalling several products due to [defect]. It is unclear whether anyone has been injured or suffered loss, which exposes [Target] to potential claims.
Solution: As part of due diligence, we should request specific disclosure on any injuries, complaints or claims to date, and on whether [Target] plans to offer refunds. We should also seek a specific indemnity in the SPA covering any recall-related litigation.
ISSUE 3: Change of control clause in a supplier agreement
Clause [X] allows the agreement to be terminated if there is a change in ownership of either party. The acquisition would trigger this, allowing the supplier to terminate or renegotiate.
Solution: We should approach the supplier before completion to seek a written waiver, so the agreement continues after the acquisition.
You can tell when I ran out of time LOL.
you reckon I'm cooked if I did the test last Thursday, and not heard anything back?I got the job sim invite 3 days after submitting the first assessment
Does anyone what DLA test is like is it SJT or neurodiversity test. Is their test the same test used by Fieldfisher and WBD last year.
Congrats!!DLA CRS and Freshfields OA, received all in the same day! Any insight on either would be appreciated!
ukearlycareers@freshfields.comDoes anyone have Freshfields' official GR contact email? I'm unable to find it Lord knows why!
Sorry I can't be of more help here, but if you can't find an answer, I would write to their Grad Rec and see!Does anyone know the word count for Baker McKenzie's SVS application questions. They don't appear on the page but I'm not sure if this is just the case for me or it's the case for everyone.
I submitted Freshfields on Friday (02/10) and DLA (28/09)Congrats!!When did you submit your DLA and Freshfields?
Just trying to understand the turnaround as I still need to do Freshfields.