Inspiration!

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hey everyone,

I have been totally inspired by @S87 today and wanted to create this thread. I thought it would be great (and hopefully a source of positivity) for us all to share the things we are doing during this time to work on our self-development, to learn new skills or re-engage with old hobbies!

I know we have shared podcasts and books in the past throughout the forum but I thought we could share things in here and also any websites, online courses, cookery inspiration, challenges, etc we have discovered or are trying out. These do not have to be law/business-related - just anything that you have enjoyed and found useful that you would like to recommend to others :)

I also want to say this is not to freak anyone out. If you are choosing to spend this time to chill out and relax because your body and mind are in need of some downtime, then that is a great way to spend this time and do not feel pressured to do what anyone else is doing! We are all on our own paths and do things at our own pace and it's important to remember that as well in these coming weeks :)

I just thought it might be nice to bring the community together during this time and share the things we are doing in these next few weeks as I would love to have some inspiration myself :)

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
To kick things off...
- I have started jogging as a way to try and keep fit (which is pretty big news because I really really dislike running!).
- I am trying to utilise my Calm app a bit more in the mornings and before I sleep to try to get into meditating (this is still tbc guys but think I am getting better!).
- I have always loved baking and so it is a good time to get creative with what I have in the cupboards!
- I would usually go to a pub quiz with a group of friends maybe once a month but, instead, one of my friends has devised a quiz that we are all going to do over Zoom this evening!
- Lastly, I had to cut a Spanish language course short about two years back but still have my textbook - I am hoping to maybe try and self-teach a bit during this time!

W

Legendary Member
May 12, 2019
To kick things off...
- I have started jogging as a way to try and keep fit (which is pretty big news because I really really dislike running!).
- I am trying to utilise my Calm app a bit more in the mornings and before I sleep to try to get into meditating (this is still tbc guys but think I am getting better!).
- I have always loved baking and so it is a good time to get creative with what I have in the cupboards!
- I would usually go to a pub quiz with a group of friends maybe once a month but, instead, one of my friends has devised a quiz that we are all going to do over Zoom this evening!
- Lastly, I had to cut a Spanish language course short about two years back but still have my textbook - I am hoping to maybe try and self-teach a bit during this time!
Sounds very productive Alice! I think it would be very motivational to also hear more about your success story re your TC with Freshfields!

• 🏆
Reactions: Ifmhouse4 and Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Sounds very productive Alice! I think it would be very motivational to also hear more about your success story re your TC with Freshfields!
Absolutely - Q&A thread is pending and will go live tomorrow and this weekend I shall be working on a written piece for you guys too, telling you all about my journey and experiences. I am hoping the Q&A will help to guide my writing to see what exactly might be the most helpful :)

Last edited:
Reactions: anulciak7 and W

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I usually hit the gym four times a week. So, I started jogging and I am exercising at home
I am using headspace to relax and working hard on my apps. I need to get this damn TC..want to have a more stable job to start building my family!!

Will give these a go - thank you for sharing! If I can be of any help with the apps give me a shout :)

Reactions: S87

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Alice there is a future trainee at Clifford Chance on Linkedin (Jade Felber) who will run spanish classes on her instagram account!! tiene que estudiar!!
ahh fantastic! This is exactly why I created this thread - thank you so much!!!

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I got my first HelloFresh delivery today! Looking forward to do some cooking :)
ah amazing! Let me know what you think and what you make! I heard about a company called Oddbox which basically box up wonky fruit and veg which is rejected by the major retailers but think they can only deliver within a certain radius in London and I am not within the scope. If any of you are though I think it is a great initiative and might help in getting creative in the kitchen too!

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
ah amazing! Let me know what you think and what you make! I heard about a company called Oddbox which basically box up wonky fruit and veg which is rejected by the major retailers but think they can only deliver within a certain radius in London and I am not within the scope. If any of you are though I think it is a great initiative and might help in getting creative in the kitchen too!

Ah yes, I heard of these! There's so many choices out there.

You get 10 meals for £42 with HelloFresh. I thought, god, some lunch's I spend more than £4... seemed like a great deal!

Reactions: Ifmhouse4 and S87

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Ah yes, I heard of these! There's so many choices out there.

You get 10 meals for £42 with HelloFresh. I thought, god, some lunch's I spend more than £4... seemed like a great deal!
That's amazing - definitely worth it! Alas, I am not a student again until September but I will definitely check this out and see what they have on offer when the time comes!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.