Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Completely echo everything you guys have said - the reason I got involved with TCLA is because it is so supportive. The application process can be incredibly trying and kindness, support and camaraderie are so important. Our whole team will always endeavour to preserve the support and sense of community in these forums!

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Guys,

I hope you are all well and safe.

Dentons is organising event for BAME students. I strongly advise you to connect especially if you are looking to apply for a TC!
I know that many of us are waiting to hear about our applications but for those who have yet to apply this is a good opportunity.

Attendees will have the opportunity to take part in an applications skills session, virtual speed networking and a panel discussion. Speakers include mary boakye, David Neita, James Adeleke (FRSA) and Rathi Thiagamoorthy.

The event is open to all students who are interested in a career in law, particularly those who identify as being of Black ethnic minority heritage or who are supportive of diversity and aspire to work in a diverse and collaborative environment.

If this sounds like you, apply by sending a CV and a brief paragraph on why you would like to attend to bpn.insightday@dentons.com by June 15th.

Last edited:

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Guys,

I hope you are all well and safe.

Dentons is organising event for BAME students. I strongly advise you to connect especially if you are looking to apply for a TC!
    I know that many of us are waiting to hear about our applications but for those who have yet to apply this is a good opportunity.

Attendees will have the opportunity to take part in an applications skills session, virtual speed networking and a panel discussion. Speakers include mary boakye, David Neita, James Adeleke (FRSA) and Rathi Thiagamoorthy.

The event is open to all students who are interested in a career in law, particularly those who identify as being of Black ethnic minority heritage or who are supportive of diversity and aspire to work in a diverse and collaborative environment.

If this sounds like you, apply by sending a CV and a brief paragraph on why you would like to attend to bpn.insightday@dentons.com by June 15th.
    Thanks so much for sharing!

thecorporatelawyer

Legendary Member
    Apr 14, 2020
    that isn’t a letter of recommendation though. My point was only upload one letter of recommendation - sorry if that was unclear.

no you were clear I was specifically asking about the other document m. Apparently it’s mandatory to submit it but I don’t have a document of such, but because I went to school outside the UK I need to provide something. Do you think this document also applies to A-level equivalents and not GCSE equivalents?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    no you were clear I was specifically asking about the other document m. Apparently it’s mandatory to submit it but I don’t have a document of such, but because I went to school outside the UK I need to provide something. Do you think this document also applies to A-level equivalents and not GCSE equivalents?

did you have to put your GCSE equivalent on your application?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    On my other applications I had to put my GCSE equivalent, however, this is the first firm that they're are asking for a document that explains it. However I think in this case it would be best to email the grad rec!

I only mean the Slaughters application. Was it compulsory for you to provide GCSE equivalent qualifications on your application?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Oh yes they are! Oh geez, I’ll always find it so weird that they take exams that you took at 16 into account. Over here in Canada/US jobs only look at your university grades. It’s been making applying very confusing haha

then provide what you can in terms of the grading structure. People don’t have direct comparisons and those that do often have to pay for the privilege via an organisation called NARIC. Just advise them you are unable to afford to purchase a formal comparison but that you can explain the grading system. This should be sufficient, especially for GCSE equivalents (which I am even surprised Slaughters ask for).

Reactions: thecorporatelawyer

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

Attachments

• A311E040-C7F8-43B6-94DB-B4E1C76F10E7.png
      A311E040-C7F8-43B6-94DB-B4E1C76F10E7.png
      89.2 KB · Views: 121

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
    Feb 16, 2019
    I'm currently applying to Freshfields , and they want me to upload a Personal statement document. I have done so, but when I click on it to download it, it says "
    freshfields.taleo.net sent an invalid response.

ERR_RESPONSE_HEADERS_MULTIPLE_CONTENT_DISPOSITION"

Note that the file has been successfully uploaded. I'm worried as I'm afraid graduate recruitment might see that message instead of my application statement. Does anyone have any advice or is this just a glitch?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I'm currently applying to Freshfields , and they want me to upload a Personal statement document. I have done so, but when I click on it to download it, it says "
    freshfields.taleo.net sent an invalid response.

ERR_RESPONSE_HEADERS_MULTIPLE_CONTENT_DISPOSITION"

Note that the file has been successfully uploaded. I'm worried as I'm afraid graduate recruitment might see that message instead of my application statement. Does anyone have any advice or is this just a glitch?

I’d be more worried about the formatting. It has been uploaded but there could be an error in the document.

can you log out and then log back into your application and see what is submitted?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Sometimes there are no words... smh... I got a bit riled up just reading that exchange so I have to applaud you for maintaining your composure!

I didn’t want to tell them that “question sharing” in all its forms is why many firms have multiple questions that are randomised.

Or that even if you don’t ask someone else, another way people get the questions is to submit a dummy application with false details ahead of submitting their application.

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    The same message remains.

I uploaded random (law notes) documents, and it worked! So I think I'll just format it differently.

It is probably one of two things - the type of file format isn’t accepted, or there is something in your document it doesn’t like (an embedded file/code or something similar).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.