Received a vacation scheme offer from DAC Beachcroft yesterday, beyond excited!!!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
you should definitely contact them - 4-5 weeks is a very long time.
The exception is if they told you you wouldn’t hear back until after a certain date and that date hasn’t passed.
Thanks Jessica. Should I wait until Monday to contact them or is the weekend ok?
Is it looked down upon by firms if you haven’t secured a Vacation Scheme even if you have lots of other law work experience (e.g. pro bono)? I read on a blog that people getting TCs with no Vacation Scheme is the exception not the rule, but I’ve also read that many people do secure TCs without having done a VS, so I’m a bit confused!
I am still waiting to hear backHello, anyone heard back from Harbottle & Lewis or done the first stage interview yet?
Is it looked down upon by firms if you haven’t secured a Vacation Scheme even if you have lots of other law work experience (e.g. pro bono)? I read on a blog that people getting TCs with no Vacation Scheme is the exception not the rule, but I’ve also read that many people do secure TCs without having done a VS, so I’m a bit confused!
Is it looked down upon by firms if you haven’t secured a Vacation Scheme even if you have lots of other law work experience (e.g. pro bono)? I read on a blog that people getting TCs with no Vacation Scheme is the exception not the rule, but I’ve also read that many people do secure TCs without having done a VS, so I’m a bit confused!
Has anyone looked at the TC application questions for A&O? The form is so annoying as you can't look at the different sections and you have to complete everything from the start (there's also no back button so I can't click through to see the questions and then click back to the start of the form). I want to see the questions first and copy them into a word document without having to waste time populating everything else and then it turns out that I hate the questions and the questions have put me off from applying!
From my recollection, you can edit at the end? Just go through, type "x" in the box and copy the question down each time. Or - just make a new login to do so if you are worried.
I do remember the platform being quite obnoxious last year. There's a few firms that use different platforms, when we are all begging for the ease of apply4law![]()
Has anyone looked at the TC application questions for A&O? The form is so annoying as you can't look at the different sections and you have to complete everything from the start (there's also no back button so I can't click through to see the questions and then click back to the start of the form). I want to see the questions first and copy them into a word document without having to waste time populating everything else and then it turns out that I hate the questions and the questions have put me off from applying!
@Jessica Booker
In a virtual vacation scheme, what kind of questions could be asked to the recruiters to impress and show knowledge on the firm? Thank you!
I just wrote random letters in the text boxes so it would let me progress to the next stage, then edited in my answers at the 'review application' stage which is 99% in!