General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_96

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Can anyone give me a few tips on how they would approach dealing with a difficult work colleague? I've been extremely fortunate only to work with lovely people (at least so far) and am interested to know what others would do.

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    They told me we'd hear back by the end of the month "hopefully". I'm still waiting on Macs and Travers.

I'm still waiting on Travers but when I spoke to recruitment at a virtual law fair recently, they are still considering people, so who knows on that one. Macs is inviting people to virtual ACs and making offers already. No offer for me after mine though, sadly.

Reactions: frow3n and EMD

IzzyAn_na

Aug 13, 2020
    I was wondering if people think the approach to "Why do you want to be a lawyer?" and "Why do you think you'll be a good lawyer?" should be different?
    I am currently trying to answer the first but I'm not sure if I should be spending more time saying why I want a career in law (e.g. variety, fast-paced) or more on selling myself (e.g. I can utilise my problem-solving...)
    Thanks for any opinion!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I was wondering if people think the approach to "Why do you want to be a lawyer?" and "Why do you think you'll be a good lawyer?" should be different?
    I am currently trying to answer the first but I'm not sure if I should be spending more time saying why I want a career in law (e.g. variety, fast-paced) or more on selling myself (e.g. I can utilise my problem-solving...)
    Thanks for any opinion!

First one is about your motivations, second is about your strengths/skill set. These don’t necessarily have to align although there might be cross over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.