Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey guys,

Please use this thread to discuss anything related to open days, workshops and insight events for the 2020-21 application cycle.

Thanks,

Jaysen

Manifesting

Esteemed Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 11, 2020
    Hey guys, does anyone know if Skadden's open day has a word limit? There isn't anything on the form.

I did some tests by pasting in texts of varying lengths and the application preview never cuts anything off. Given that the form does not allow for paragraph breaks, I am personally going to aim to submit a paragraph (~100 words) for legibility reasons.

keira

Star Member
    Jul 28, 2020
    I did some tests by pasting in texts of varying lengths and the application preview never cuts anything off. Given that the form does not allow for paragraph breaks, I am personally going to aim to submit a paragraph (~100 words) for legibility reasons.

Hey! Sorry if this is a dumb q, but where is the application for the Skadden Open Day? I can't seem to find it on the Apply4Law site

33c

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 8, 2020
    Hey guys, does anyone know if Skadden's open day has a word limit? There isn't anything on the form.
    I wrote around 300 words. Most Open Day applications ask for 250-300 words so thats what I followed. Hope its not too much hahaha

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 21, 2019
    If the only application question is what do you hope to gain from this open day?, is it appropriate to talk about previous experiences if they aren't covered elsewhere on the application form?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    If the only application question is what do you hope to gain from this open day?, is it appropriate to talk about previous experiences if they aren't covered elsewhere on the application form?

I think it depends what your experience is. If you have extensive legal experience, there could be a question as to how you will benefit from the open day.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.