Linklaters 2019/20 Application

Adam Gilchrist

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
Highest Rated Member
May 4, 2020
Does anyone who’s applied for previous intakes know why our apps are still on hold? I just need to be able to stop refreshing my portal every 30 mins
From memory, it can mean anything. It can mean they're still reviewing your application, or it can mean your application has been flagged up for some reason (eg you selected the option that you don't have/are not studying for a degree). It really doesn't tell you anything particularly meaningful, from my (limited, personal) experience - sorry!

Reactions: ellwilsen

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
Took almost a week for me!
I just got mine back and I got in the 98th percentile but still got rejected. I made it to an AC last year and the only difference is that one of my strongest attributes in the CAPP test was different. Just feel so deflated like what else can I do

Last edited:

lawyermeup

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 20, 2020
Does anyone know of anyone getting an AC that wasn't on the pathfinders scheme?
hey I got an AC and wasn't on pathfinders, but I think the number of people who made it was relatively restrictive. As far as I'm aware, there were only a couple Acs last week that weren't pathfinders and there were around 12 on each one... this info could be totally wrong though, but when I went to book a slot for an AC it only offered me Monday or Tuesday! Hope this helps

• 🏆
Reactions: JayB and WannabeSolicitor24

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
hey I got an AC and wasn't on pathfinders, but I think the number of people who made it was relatively restrictive. As far as I'm aware, there were only a couple Acs last week that weren't pathfinders and there were around 12 on each one... this info could be totally wrong though, but when I went to book a slot for an AC it only offered me Monday or Tuesday! Hope this helps
What were your CAPP results and WG score if you don't mind me asking? just trying to work out where I went wrong :)

Reactions: SRW

lawyermeup

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 20, 2020
What were your CAPP results and WG score if you don't mind me asking? just trying to work out where I went wrong :)
No worries whatsoever! I actually never ended up asking for my WG score, but my CAPP results were: highest was respect and resilience, and lowest was resource and work management. Hope that helps, and I'm sorry that you didn't get the result you were hoping for :(

• 🤝
Reactions: Bugsy Malone

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
No worries whatsoever! I actually never ended up asking for my WG score, but my CAPP results were: highest was respect and resilience, and lowest was resource and work management. Hope that helps, and I'm sorry that you didn't get the result you were hoping for :(
I just didn’t have the resilience as one of my highest, guess that must’ve been it haha oh well

• 🤝
Reactions: lawyermeup

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
I had resilience as my highest + high WG score but still rejected. Not sure what they really look for at this point lol

Did your email also say they accept future applications from you?
Yeah when I've spoken to them before they say you can still apply for the direct TC (which I am definitely doing) but not other VS for this year. However, you can't retake the test. So frustrating with the CAPP test because I had critical thinking as my highest which was different from the year I got an AC and seems to be the only difference between my two applications :(

gg332dd

Valued Member
Apr 2, 2020
Yeah when I've spoken to them before they say you can still apply for the direct TC (which I am definitely doing) but not other VS for this year. However, you can't retake the test. So frustrating with the CAPP test because I had critical thinking as my highest which was different from the year I got an AC and seems to be the only difference between my two applications :(

If it helps I tried reapplying and you need to retake the test for each subsequent app

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.