Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Anyone know if the AG application form character limit on answers is with or without spaces (2,000 characters - but trying to work out if it is with or without spaces).

U98

Nov 15, 2019
Since you can only apply for HL twice in total, I am wondering how I should approach this year's application. I applied last year and I didn't pass the WG test. So, I was thinking of using the exact same application and applying again this year since technically I passed the written application stage. There have been no changes as such aside from my LPC grades. Now I'm second-guessing myself. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Hey! Yeah the WG is automatic so if you didn't meet the threshold, the recruitment team wouldn't have seen your application. If your score is high enough then they'll take take that score into consideration alongside your written application. It's probs a good idea to go through your previous application to see if you can make any changes even if there hasn't been a change work experience wise. E.g. your writing style may have improved since or you could refine your answers to better answer the question.

Lawsm21

Oct 19, 2020
Which cities would be good for a law firm to open up a new office in? I am really struggling to think of locations outside of the standard ones that most firms already have an office in. Does anyone have any suggestions and reasons why?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Which cities would be good for a law firm to open up a new office in? I am really struggling to think of locations outside of the standard ones that most firms already have an office in. Does anyone have any suggestions and reasons why?

think about any growing economies, maybe where the legal market is due to open up, or where there is a high growth industry geographically located. Generally any of these aspect can formulate a good answer. Also it doesn’t matter if other law firms already have offices there, that could be a sign of an opportunity. This is more about your rationale as to why you think there is an opportunity there, rather than the location itself.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Fran and Lawsm21

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
On a question that says 'any other points you like to raise alongside your application?', is this an appropriate platform to talk about why you want to be commercial law - as this was not prompted by the other questions. Or could you talk about why you'd be a good commercial lawyer? I am a bit confused as to what it is really asking

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
On a question that says 'any other points you like to raise alongside your application?', is this an appropriate platform to talk about why you want to be commercial law - as this was not prompted by the other questions. Or could you talk about why you'd be a good commercial lawyer? I am a bit confused as to what it is really asking

They are generally there to cover anything that doesn’t naturally fit into other sections. If you think that is why you/why commercial law, then you can include it, but be very critical as to whether this is evidenced elsewhere (even indirectly) through your other sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.