2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018
They take their time to reply... I applied mid November for a TC and I am yet to hear anything. Best of luck with your application and try not to stress too much over it!

I applied on 5 November. I chased them up earlier this week to see when I should expect to hear an outcome. They asked if I was interviewing elsewhere or if I needed to know sooner for any other reason. So I replied that I am interviewing with three other firms. They responded today asking which firms and when so I let them know and they said they will get back to me as soon as possible.

C

Esteemed Member
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 7, 2019
Does anyone know if an invite to a Watson Farley Williams video interview is automated / forms part of your written application or something? Or whether it means you've passed the first stage of the selection process?

Reactions: collie_121

C

Esteemed Member
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 7, 2019
Can anyone advise me on the secondary education section... my gcses + A levels were good but my AS were not. Will they throw out my application if I just don't put my AS levels on it?
yes can someone shed light on this pls!!^^ seems like some firms have made it mandatory to list AS Levels too. I was hoping to skip them as I did much better in my final A-Level grades.

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    I applied on 5 November. I chased them up earlier this week to see when I should expect to hear an outcome. They asked if I was interviewing elsewhere or if I needed to know sooner for any other reason. So I replied that I am interviewing with three other firms. They responded today asking which firms and when so I let them know and they said they will get back to me as soon as possible.
    Nice work!
    In my TC interview they grilled me on what other Firms I’d applied to so make sure that you can link the Firms you have interviews with - ie so it doesn’t look like a scattergun approach!
    Best of luck :)

Reactions: Ricky

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    I’ll probably do the same if I don’t hear by the end of next week. 2 months is a really long wait

Reactions: Ricky

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Nice work!
    In my TC interview they grilled me on what other Firms I’d applied to so make sure that you can link the Firms you have interviews with - ie so it doesn’t look like a scattergun approach!
    Best of luck :)

I was tempted to reply saying "none of your business" haha.

My firms are definitely a lot more targeted this year than previously.

collie_121

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 30, 2020
    Does anyone know if an invite to a Watson Farley Williams video interview is automated / forms part of your written application or something? Or whether it means you've passed the first stage of the selection process?

Hey! I have also just got an email about VI and am interested to know this. Also, if anyone has any tips/guidance as to the type of questions that would be great! They haven't given much info (unless I haven't found it) about what it entails.

Reactions: C

chromaticaqueen

Star Member
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Joining the Friday end-of-week deflated bandwagon with some of you lovely people... Beginning to think my chances are scuppered with Bakers and Mishcon - applied for them on 9th Dec and 23rd Dec, respectively, and yet to hear from either or even get a WG invite or anything - I've accepted the worst but it is my first cycle of applying as a career changer. Is it over for me and these firms do we think? haha.

Although will take my wins where I can as I was delighted to get invited to the next stage of Taylor Wessing, the game which I'll do tomorrow :D

collie_121

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 30, 2020
    Joining the Friday end-of-week deflated bandwagon with some of you lovely people... Beginning to think my chances are scuppered with Bakers and Mishcon - applied for them on 9th Dec and 23rd Dec, respectively, and yet to hear from either or even get a WG invite or anything - I've accepted the worst but it is my first cycle of applying as a career changer. Is it over for me and these firms do we think? haha.

Although will take my wins where I can as I was delighted to get invited to the next stage of Taylor Wessing, the game which I'll do tomorrow :D

NEVER GIVE UP!! You have so got this and everyones journey to a training contract has a different timescale :)

Out of interest, when did you apply to TW?

cmaj

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    I had an AC last year and answered this more broadly about one topic, but made sure that I made clear references to a number of companies who were negatively and positively affected by this business trend. I hope this helps!

I did the same thing as this and talked about a broader trend but by giving specific examples. :) It asks for a topic, rather than just one case

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019

I applied earlier than you for mishcon and still no reply. Hate it tbh because Mishcon was high up on my list and my application was one of my strongest

packhorse

Esteemed Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    I was tempted to reply saying "none of your business" haha.

My firms are definitely a lot more targeted this year than previously.
    Haha I actually did this last year during VS interview (unsuccessful)!

I think I said something along the lines of, just because I have applied to one firm doesn't detract from advantages/disadvantages of others etc.

thewaythecookiecrumbles

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 14, 2021

Applied to Mishcon on the 26th and haven't heard back either, I feel like there's so many applications this year they're just working their way through them all!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.