2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8599

Hi! I'm new to the forum and this is my first application cycle. Your replies on this thread have been so helpful! I just got invited to the Akin Gump WG - does anyone have any tips on how I can prepare? (super nervous!)
I have practiced the Watson Glaser test with this website: https://www.assessmentday.co.uk. This is the only (paid) source I used to pass the Watson Glaser for Akin Gump and Bird & Bird. I'm happy to share my login for the benefit of this forum:

Username: freewatsonglaser
Password: thanksmacbeth

The 'Critical Thinking Tests' that I bought on there are Watson Glaser tests.

Good luck to all of you.

• 🤝
  • 🏆
Reactions: AB, Larry HC, Ana_M and 28 others

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I have practiced the Watson Glaser test with this website: https://www.assessmentday.co.uk. This is the only (paid) source I used to pass the Watson Glaser for Akin Gump and Bird & Bird. I'm happy to share my login for the benefit of this forum:

Good luck to all of you.

Just to flag up that assessment day may pick up this sharing of the account and close it, either by google alerts or by lots of different IP addresses accessing the account at the same/similar times.

els124

Distinguished Member
Sep 26, 2020

Good luck to all of you.

This is really kind of you, but I don't think it will work because I got an "Authentification Problem" notification and I assume that's because too many of us are trying to log into the same account! Just a heads up :)

Reactions: Holly

Sara648926

Jan 15, 2021

Good luck to all of you.

Wow thanks so much! I actually have a subscription to JobTestPrep from university - will that be just as useful for practice? I am aware that different firms use different test providers, and now I want to be cautious not to practice the wrong type of tests, that might confuse me for the real thing.

Reactions: Ricky

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
Commercial Writer
Junior Lawyer
Jun 24, 2018
Wow thanks so much! I actually have a subscription to JobTestPrep from university - will that be just as useful for practice? I am aware that different firms use different test providers, and now I want to be cautious not to practice the wrong type of tests, that might confuse me for the real thing.
I used JobTestPrep to pass WG tests! Even though firms use different providers the tests are often very similar and I've actually had the same questions, so I wouldn't worry about that as long as you're practicing watson glaser ques :)

• ℹ️
  • 🤝
Reactions: JW and Sara648926

Sara648926

Jan 15, 2021
I used JobTestPrep to pass WG tests! Even though firms use different providers the tests are often very similar and I've actually had the same questions, so I wouldn't worry about that as long as you're practicing watson glaser ques :)

Thanks Flora! May I ask what score you passed with (if you know), just so I can have some kind of idea of what I should aim for (I just did my first, the Hogan Lovells practice test, and got 71%)?

SarahB3

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 28, 2019
Hi! I am just about to submit my app, I used @Ricky's approach and talked about why commercial law (1 paragraph), why OC (the biggest focus of my answer) and which skills I have developed based on my hobbies and interests

Hey where can I find @Ricky 's approach? I am currently trying to answer this in my Reed Smitth research question application which is due tomorrow

MzM

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2019
Anyone have any thoughts about what firms are after when they ask about other careers events you have been to? I mean I am happy to list them off, but are they after what you learned at each one?

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
Commercial Writer
Junior Lawyer
Jun 24, 2018
Thanks Flora! May I ask what score you passed with (if you know), just so I can have some kind of idea of what I should aim for (I just did my first, the Hogan Lovells practice test, and got 71%)?
I think that's a difficult one to answer because firms don't tend to have a set % to pass ie it's not like if a candidate gets 30 or above correct out of 40 they have passed. Firms seem to base it on a % based against how others who took the same questions did.

Last year I failed every online test I completed and I'd practiced for hours. However, this year I seem to have passed everyone so I think for me it really just took lots of practice and evaluating the reasoning behind each answer. Having said that, when I last completed the two full tests on JobTestPrep I got 36/40 and 35/40 and I scored in 76% for Hogan Lovells WG and was told I passed. Hope that helps in some way :)

Also just to add - I noticed this year that you're asked more questions on assumptions and evaluating arguments, so I prioritised practicing these ones.

Reactions: APP

Sara648926

Jan 15, 2021
I think that's a difficult one to answer because firms don't tend to have a set % to pass ie it's not like if a candidate gets 30 or above correct out of 40 they have passed. Firms seem to base it on a % based against how others who took the same questions did.

Last year I failed every online test I completed and I'd practiced for hours. However, this year I seem to have passed everyone so I think for me it really just took lots of practice and evaluating the reasoning behind each answer. Having said that, when I last completed the two full tests on JobTestPrep I got 36/40 and 35/40 and I scored in 76% for Hogan Lovells WG and was told I passed. Hope that helps in some way :)

That's super helpful! Thank you!! :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Bugsy Malone

ZaraB

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 13, 2020
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone who completed the TW game based assessment got a feedback report/confirmation email after? I did the similar one for Gowling and PwC and I got it for both but not TW so was a bit worried. Thanks in advance:)
I had the same thing happen to me and for some reason they sent the report an hour after I completed the game :)

• 🤝
Reactions: MollyV
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.