2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Guys I’m in a bit of a crisis.

I’ve just received an invite to the AG AC which is amazing, but I’ve already got my Mills & Reeve AC on the same day and ALL the AG slots overlap with that AC by a few minutes each way. My Mills and Reeve AC was booked weeks ago and can’t be changed now. Super upset... I’ve already emailed grad recruitment, anyone have any advice? The AC is next Tues which doesn’t really give much time!
well done! I'm sure AG will be able to reschedule

Edit: I would try and call AG rather than email

IJ6238

Feb 17, 2021
Just had my final interview for the firm that shall not be named (rhymes with birkband) and safe to say it was a car crash.... I will not be getting that VS but happy to help others who have it coming up :)
Sorry about that. If you don't mind me asking, when was your AC and when did you get invited to interview??

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Tell Me GIF by Shania Twain

About my PFOs!!

lawloser

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Just had my final interview for the firm that shall not be named (rhymes with birkband) and safe to say it was a car crash.... I will not be getting that VS but happy to help others who have it coming up :)
I've heard from a friend who did it last year and was successful that everyone feels that way coming out of an interview with Stephen L. He is just very forceful with the questions and really doesn't back down!

Were the questions quite focussed on why them and why PE?

Hele25

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2021
I also had a question about this - what points did you include/ what structure did you use for this?
also when it says 'are there any lessons we can learn from them' does the 'we' mean WBD?
So, first I stated what they were/what they did and why I thought it was innovative.
- then went into a bit more detail about their services/elements of activism they took part in.
I took ‘we’ to mean WBD and also the legal sector at large. So I said what innovative elements of the business I would extract and apply to WBD and also legs professionals in general :) good luck!

Lawgirl123

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jun 22, 2020
    Guys im a bit confused - does anyone know what a blank status means on CVmail? Some previously unsuccessful apps + successful apps all have a blank status on mine as well as some current ones? However, someone else on here noted they had 'in inbox' status?? Anyone know anything?

Hele25

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    Guys I’m in a bit of a crisis.

I’ve just received an invite to the AG AC which is amazing, but I’ve already got my Mills & Reeve AC on the same day and ALL the AG slots overlap with that AC by a few minutes each way. My Mills and Reeve AC was booked weeks ago and can’t be changed now. Super upset... I’ve already emailed grad recruitment, anyone have any advice? The AC is next Tues which doesn’t really give much time!
    Firstly, super well done and congratulations 🥳👍🏻 And I hate to be this person but would you mind telling me what office this is for?

Reactions: CharlotteLegal
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.