2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

topsawyer

Nov 12, 2020
For people with VS offers, do you know whether yours are happening online? Maybe we should start a thread

Edit: I meant Summers mostly as most spring ones are ofc happening online (thanks @Celestie for pointing this out).
HSF confirmed my summer VS will be virtual and they're trying to send out computers to students across the world. HL is most likely going to be virtual, GR said that even if the vaccines improve things significantly by July-Aug, it may still be early days to convince all vac schemers to come into the office and likewise convince all the departments to run the VS completely in-person

• Wow
Reactions: packhorse

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Also - completely off the beaten track of normal discussion, apologies - if anyone who uses this forum has a bit of knowledge/ experience on the London rental market, I'd massively appreciate if you wouldn't mind sliding into my DMs so I can pick your brains for a few minutes!

Moving down in a few months but it's a bit of a minefield when you're used to small cities like Edinburgh and Aberdeen! Would be massively appreciated :)

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I am waiting for my Orrick outcome for direct TC 2022 (applied May 2020) and grad rec said they are STILL reviewing these applications. No idea what's going on and yes, incredibly frustrating as this was my best app to date. Just to confirm, has your friend had the AC for direct TC 2022?!
    So my friend was invited to the vac scheme AC last cycle, but the vac scheme didn’t go ahead so they were invited to virtual AC for a TC instead. Think only vac scheme applicants were interviewed if that helps!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: E.A

RyanM1

Star Member
    Jan 4, 2021
    Also - completely off the beaten track of normal discussion, apologies - if anyone who uses this forum has a bit of knowledge/ experience on the London rental market, I'd massively appreciate if you wouldn't mind sliding into my DMs so I can pick your brains for a few minutes!

Moving down in a few months but it's a bit of a minefield when you're used to small cities like Edinburgh and Aberdeen! Would be massively appreciated :)
    Hey Jacob,

I've been here for 3 and a half years and moved from NI so more than happy to help you where I can!

• Love
    Reactions: Jacob Miller

liverpoollawyer

Esteemed Member
    Feb 10, 2021
    Fellow Grads/Slightly older applicants - what firms have people been targeting?

I’ve been trying to go for firms that don’t use apply4law (they often require grade breakdowns and mine are sh*te), but obviously some firms will lean more towards valuing professional experience?

Just putting together the straight TC strategy now and making sure the apps are going to the right places!
    It is an apply4law form but shoosmiths seemed really accommodating of graduates and said they don’t recruit solely from the vac scheme as they’re aware people have other commitments!

Reactions: OB

lawloser

Star Member
    Feb 8, 2021
    Does anyone know if Debevoise's vac scheme's are paid? They invite like 90 to 100 people to AC and then take 40 or so on Vac schemes for 9 TCs which seems like a lot. Like almost 1 in 2 chance of getting onto vac scheme from AC? Made me wonder if it was paid?

Thanks!

Leen

• Sep 15, 2020
    Does anyone know if Debevoise's vac scheme's are paid? They invite like 90 to 100 people to AC and then take 40 or so on Vac schemes for 9 TCs which seems like a lot. Like almost 1 in 2 chance of getting onto vac scheme from AC? Made me wonder if it was paid?

Thanks!
    My friend did a vac scheme at Debevoise last year, it was paid. Although, I'm not sure about this year.

Reactions: lawloser

xht

Distinguished Member
    Feb 17, 2021

Thanks!
    yes they're paid. did you get an invite and if yes when if i may ask?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.