2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmaj

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    OC PFO, really annoyed this one, attended all their events and tailored my application carefully😭😭
    Yep same here, PFO, thought it was one of my best applications! I had attended so many events with them as well (5+) :( I shouldn't feel sad as I've had two VS invites this season but I really did put everything into that application and I'm not sure what I could've done better! They were my first choice last year and one where I think I would've been a really good fit. Usually with PFOs I think "haha sucks to be you because another firm will have me and ill be GREAT" but this one has made me so sad

Last edited:

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 1, 2020

CareerChanger

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 5, 2021
    Osborne Clarke said
    sashay away drag race GIF

djqb

Legendary Member
    Sep 6, 2020
    I’m so happy for everyone that got an interview with travers but I just don’t know what they are looking for as I’m now expecting a PFO. I literally put everything they ask for into my app and still no luck 😢
    Same here - was really hoping for an interview invite as it was one my best applications. There is still hope as they haven't sent out any PFOs yet I believe, and they could be looking at sending interview invites over a couple of days hopefully?

• 🤝
    Reactions: Lawgirl123 and AJLegacy

Etudierlaw2022

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 10, 2021
    How do you guys know whether you are on your way to a burnout or whether you are just tired/complaining but have got more in you? I feel I have lost a bit touch with reality especially in these covid times at home 24/7 and I genuinely would be interested in hearing how you gauge your mental state these days?! Is it just me or is working and all these applications/waiting for outcomes/ keeping up with commercial topics taking its toll?! (Sorry for posting this here but definitely the most active thread so trying my luck)

I was actually thinking about this today, and how I'm worried I'm going to burnout, because right now working on my diss, worrying about my apps, and the weight of the lockdown is just making me feel exhausted. I sometimes can't drag myself out of bed and the thought of cooking dinner for myself is overwhelming (I live alone in a studio)

I go between telling myself to toughen up and just get through it, and reminding myself to be gentle/listen to my mind and body, but I'm not so sure if telling myself to toughen up is actually healthy or useful. It's something I'm grappling with. I saw an interesting tiktok (lol) where a girl was saying that we are the cause our own misery and need to work on becoming mentally strong , but that seemed highly toxic because a lot of what we are going through rn is a collective grief. So I tell myself that I'm allowed to complain, I'm allowed to feel sad and overwhelmed, but that I know for my own sake that I can't wallow too long or I'll spiral. So that's a very long winded way of saying to let yourself feel your feels, try to find things that uplift you to get out of your feels, and be gentle with yourself. It's okay to tap out for a day and watch netflix if that's what your body is saying it wants.

Edit: I think you'll also find that letting your emotions out rather than shoving them down will actually allow you to be more focused when you are in a place to work. I think that's the best way to avoid burnout. Be intuitive and listen to what your gut is telling you you need. Lol sorry for preaching

Last edited:

CA98

Nov 11, 2019
    I’m so happy for everyone that got an interview with travers but I just don’t know what they are looking for as I’m now expecting a PFO. I literally put everything they ask for into my app and still no luck 😢
    Travers will definitely interview at least 100 people (and likely more) for their summer schemes - I really doubt they sent out all interviews today since they don't run big assessment centres so that would give people huge leadup times compared to others. Don't lose hope yet!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.