2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

collie_121

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Sep 30, 2020
um so I haven't got the paperwork yet but BCLP SUMMER VS OFFER 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭
I knew they would call today so I've been a mess all day but I'm so happy it's positive news - I can finally breathe lmao
now I just have to stress about how to convert this to a TC bc they are legit my dream firm🙃🙃
So well deserved :) CONGRATS! XXX

• Love
Reactions: cryingoverTCs

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
um so I haven't got the paperwork yet but BCLP SUMMER VS OFFER 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭
I knew they would call today so I've been a mess all day but I'm so happy it's positive news - I can finally breathe lmao
now I just have to stress about how to convert this to a TC bc they are legit my dream firm🙃🙃
Amazing news well done!!! given your user name hopefully it'll be smilingoverTCs soon :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I just wondered whether anyone else was in a similar position to me for the CMS Academy programme...
I was offered a place on the Academy and I was just giving my contract a final read-through before sending it off and saw the words 'You will be invited to a virtual Open Day, due to take place on Wednesday 14 April 2021.' I assumed that this would be optional (given an invitation can usually be declined) and because it was called an open day. I am unable to make this date as I have already accepted a place on a different firm's Easter scheme. I rang grad recruitment just to double-check and they said that if I can't make the day, I must withdraw my application.
This was a huge shock to me as they didn't mention it at any point during the recruitment cycle and by blocking out that time in Easter as well as 3 weeks over the Summer, it really requires candidates to put all their eggs in one basket with CMS. I can understand why they do this, but it seems pretty unfair to me and I am devastated that I will have to forfeit my place after being made an offer because of a single open day. If anyone else has been caught out by this, I would love to hear from you 😢😢😢
Is the open day a full day? Or is it just a couple of hours?

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
Does anyone know how many people Travers take for their Vac scheme?
no idea but I am expecting a PFO I applied 25 November
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.