Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
They said 10am - 3:30pm but they are still fleshing out the details of the day. They said that it is likely to have group work and also is counted by them as part of the vac scheme (1 day in April and 2 weeks + 4 days in Summer), despite being called an Open Day
Urghhh... that isn't good then.

Sounds like you will have to work out which vacation scheme to turn down. Bit unfair of CMS in my opinion to do this, but maybe is their tactic to minimise declining their offer to go to competitors.

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
They said 10am - 3:30pm but they are still fleshing out the details of the day. They said that it is likely to have group work and also is counted by them as part of the vac scheme (1 day in April and 2 weeks + 4 days in Summer), despite being called an Open Day
Absolutely crazy. Can you move the other scheme to summer?

Sebastian Clark

Esteemed Member
May 5, 2020
Does anyone know the actual dates for the Arnold Porter summer vac scheme? Also, anyone waiting on any of the following firms:
CRS, Boodle Hatfield, Forsters or Withers (post-app) or MDR (post video interview, completed in mid-January)?
I’m waiting on CRS and Forsters post app - CRS I’ve written off though as a lot of people on here have had video interviews

Reactions: Ana_M and lilli

breadpitt

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 21, 2021
    I've got a slight issue! I've already accepted a VS at Firm X. However, Firm Y just invited me to an AC, and Firm Y's VS dates clashes with Firm X.

There is only one scheme in the summer, and no easter scheme for both firms. I'm in a bit of a pickle. What would you guys do? Should I still go for the AC?

Jony

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Oct 19, 2020
    I've got a slight issue! I've already accepted a VS at Firm X. However, Firm Y just invited me to an AC, and Firm Y's VS dates clashes with Firm X.

There is only one scheme in the summer, and no easter scheme for both firms. I'm in a bit of a pickle. What would you guys do? Should I still go for the AC?

1) If you got Y's VS, would it be appealing enough that you would want to even consider switching it with X?

If this is a yes, then are you willing and able to prepare for another AC?

2) Some firms offer direct TC interviews if you can't make it for their vac scheme. But do you want to experience the firm for yourself?

• Love
    Reactions: Holly and breadpitt

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

Which firm is your preferred firm?

Reactions: breadpitt

GK8997

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 25, 2020

Do you prefer Firm Y? Because if you'd want to switch then it may be worth considering the AC but if you know you won't want to switch I would say either ask to be considered for a direct TC application instead or withdraw your app if that's not possible because if you don't want the place they may still have the ability to offer that AC spot to someone else, which would work out best for all parties involved then!

breadpitt

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 21, 2021
    1) If you got Y's VS, would it be appealing enough that you would want to even consider switching it with X?

If this is a yes, then are you willing and able to prepare for another AC?

2) Some firms offer direct TC interviews if you can't make it for their vac scheme. But do you want to experience the firm for yourself?
    Do you prefer Firm Y? Because if you'd want to switch then it may be worth considering the AC but if you know you won't want to switch I would say either ask to be considered for a direct TC application instead or withdraw your app if that's not possible because if you don't want the place they may still have the ability to offer that AC spot to someone else, which would work out best for all parties involved then!
    Which firm is your preferred firm?
    Thank you all so much for the quick reply. I really appreciate the advice :) I don't have a preference, both are great firms. I think I'll do what GK suggests. Seems like the best option for everyone. Thank you all!

EH96

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    Hi,

Anyone who has done the CRS VI, the email invite clearly states 'The second part is the video interview itself. There will be five questions and you should answer all five in one sitting.'
    I completed the VI yesterday but was only asked three questions and then it said I had finished the VI and it had been submitted. Did everyone else only have to do three?

Reactions: Caitp and MJones

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thank you all so much for the quick reply. I really appreciate the advice :) I don't have a preference, both are great firms. I think I'll do what GK suggests. Seems like the best option for everyone. Thank you all!
    Then go for the AC and see if that helps you choose which firm to go for.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.