Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi guys - does anyone have the link to the thread that lists the firms that mainly recruit from direct TC's please?

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Anyone else considering deleting Linkedin for a while after an unsuccessful cycle...

I did this! Didn't have Linkedin the whole of third year and probably still wouldn't if not for the fact that a lot of paralegal positions require a Linkedin profile link. Honestly highly highly recommend doing this. I think it saved me from a lot of the mental anguish that comes from comparing yourself to other people.

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    I did this! Didn't have Linkedin the whole of third year and probably still wouldn't if not for the fact that a lot of paralegal positions require a Linkedin profile link. Honestly highly highly recommend doing this. I think it saved me from a lot of the mental anguish that comes from comparing yourself to other people.
    I agree with you, I only have it because a lot of interesting paralegal positions are advertised on LinkedIn. But lately, I see a lot of people posting personal stories or other BS that really drive me insane. Delete it guys!

Lawstudent1997

Distinguished Member
    Mar 2, 2021
    I completed my arctic shores back in December and heard nothing since.

I had an AC with them last year and they told me I’d hear back within the week, but it took them over a month for them to get back to me, and they didn’t reply to my emails during that time, so I haven’t had the best experience with them....
    I did my arctic shores back in December too, has been the longest wait ever...
    That’s not ideal about them taking such a long time but hope we all hear back soon!

Reactions: rb26

I.Like.UFOs.Not.PFOs

Esteemed Member
    Jan 6, 2021
    Anyone else considering deleting Linkedin for a while after an unsuccessful cycle...
    Like others have mentioned, I think delete it unless you are using it to keep an eye on certain jobs/positions etc. I’ve never really understood the point of LinkedIn myself, and deleted my account two weeks after getting it; this has never stopped me from being able to network with other people. Plus if it’s better for your mental health I would 100% encourage deleting it!

KS94

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 21, 2018
    I've noticed more multiple rejections and non-existent application rejections this year than ever before.

It's almost as if HR are handing out rejections to mess with us...

Happy So Excited GIF

TC4me

Aug 3, 2020
    What is the best way to tell a law firm, which has two vac scheme dates that you have another vac scheme with another firm (with only one date) and the one of the dates clash? Is it best to just be honest about it? I don’t want to seem like I don’t care. Both schemes are in the summer but I feel like it’s best to tell them in advance. Any suggestions? @Jessica Booker @Jaysen

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.