2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwight

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2019
Hi,

Can anyone let me know, if they know, when are ACs for BCLP direct TC candidates held? I believe the deadline for BCLP TC app is May and so the AC should be sometime in Summer but like what month?

Alison C

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Nov 27, 2019
    I know it's really early to be thinking about this but does anyone know if Ropes & Gray let you reapply for a vacation scheme the next year if you were unsuccessful after their AC?
    I can't see why they wouldn't - I'm not sure I've come across a firm that bans you from applying just because you've not quite cut it at the final stage. They can't take everyone from the AC, and it's not like they've seen you over the 2 weeks of a VS. They probably have an official policy but it makes good sense for them to reconsider someone they've liked enough to interview, one year on. Maybe, if you don't get through the AC, the feedback they give might give you an idea of how far wide of the mark you were? But I'm only making a wild guess. Good for you for thinking ahead and going for the resilient option.

Reactions: gee565
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.