Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Will_

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Hey Will,

I also did the WG Test for Linklaters last night and did not get any confirmation email and have not got results for the test either. It just said the test was submitted on the browser once I had finished. I did the test last cycle as well in the evening and they sent me a response and results early the next morning so I am almost certain they do inform you of how you did unless they have changed it. Maybe they're just currently working through the scores but hopefully, we should find out soon! :)

Perfect, thanks very much for your reply, Jada! Do you know if Linklaters place a lot of importance on your result or just take a pass/fail approach?

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
Commercial Writer
Junior Lawyer
Jun 24, 2018
I don't think there is a confirmation email that you have taken it- I think you are only told if you pass or fail- that was the case for me anyway

How soon after taking the test did you receive your results? I took the test on Friday morning and haven't heard anything yet. It's gone past the time I had to complete the test now though and I havent received anything saying I didnt complete it on time like :/

datguyak

Esteemed Member
Nov 20, 2018
How soon after taking the test did you receive your results? I took the test on Friday morning and haven't heard anything yet. It's gone past the time I had to complete the test now though and I havent received anything saying I didnt complete it on time like :/

So I was told within about 2 hours but I applied a while ago- before the influx of applications closer to the deadline. I had a friend who took the HSF test and it took them about 2 weeks to tell him whether he passed or not. But there's no email simply confirming you took the test! Hope that puts your mind at ease a bit!

Maybe try clicking the links they sent you on the original email for the tests (if you're worried)- they should not work or say test taken -as you have taken the test! That will at least defo confirm they've received the test!

hope that helps :)

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hey for those waiting on Freshfields, I received a WGT invite, one week after submitting my application early December. I have heard of a few others who have received a WGT aswell (this is for the TC apps). I guess no news does not necessarily mean anything either, keep positive :)

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
Commercial Writer
Junior Lawyer
Jun 24, 2018
So I was told within about 2 hours but I applied a while ago- before the influx of applications closer to the deadline. I had a friend who took the HSF test and it took them about 2 weeks to tell him whether he passed or not. But there's no email simply confirming you took the test! Hope that puts your mind at ease a bit!

Maybe try clicking the links they sent you on the original email for the tests (if you're worried)- they should not work or say test taken -as you have taken the test! That will at least defo confirm they've received the test!

hope that helps :)

Thank you that helps :) I've check the link in my email and says no assessments to take so they must just be processing

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Does anyone have any case study prep videos they could share? The anatomy of a deal by A&O and Simmons are very helpful but does anyone have anything specific to financial practice areas?

Jada Akuffo

Standard Member
Dec 1, 2018
Perfect, thanks very much for your reply, Jada! Do you know if Linklaters place a lot of importance on your result or just take a pass/fail approach?
Linklaters will no longer consider your application if you do not pass the test to their standard which is quite intense. I have read from someone who used to work in Grad Recruitment there that your score has to be in the 80th percentile for your application to be considered which I think is really high! But they might change it year to year. It is a shame if you spend ages on an application and it gets thrown away because you don't pass a test. I guess they use it to cut down the number of applications to read as well as a benchmark for critical thinking.

• ℹ️
Reactions: _Will_

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
why do I always suffer from the technical problem? I surely took the online assessment of HSF but today i got an email that the firm has not received any response from my online test;

so I sent the email explaining my situation. and I feel so worried!!!!!!

Same thing happened to me this morning :/ super annoying!

I hope it gets sorted out quickly.

Reactions: J Malone

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hey for those waiting on Freshfields, I received a WGT invite, one week after submitting my application early December. I have heard of a few others who have received a WGT aswell (this is for the TC apps). I guess no news does not necessarily mean anything either, keep positive :)
    Interesting... my submission was 11th December so perhaps they had a huge influx around that time, I'm not sure

Reactions: Salma

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Linklaters will no longer consider your application if you do not pass the test to their standard which is quite intense. I have read from someone who used to work in Grad Recruitment there that your score has to be in the 80th percentile for your application to be considered which I think is really high! But they might change it year to year. It is a shame if you spend ages on an application and it gets thrown away because you don't pass a test. I guess they use it to cut down the number of applications to read as well as a benchmark for critical thinking.
    My score was much lower than that I believe haha and I still passed it :)

• Haha
    Reactions: Salma

Roland

Distinguished Member
    Jan 10, 2019
    Thank you that helps :) I've check the link in my email and says no assessments to take so they must just be processing
    Same here! I did the test for HSF yesterday and no confirmation email to say I've completed the test (and the video at the end of the assessment did say we will get a feedback report regardless of the outcome). When I clicked the link in the email again, it says no assessment to take this time so yeah I guess they are processing all our test results now.

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Same here! I did the test for HSF yesterday and no confirmation email to say I've completed the test (and the video at the end of the assessment did say we will get a feedback report regardless of the outcome). When I clicked the link in the email again, it says no assessment to take this time so yeah I guess they are processing all our test results now.

I am in the same boat - completed yesterday and nothing as yet. I am paranoid it seemed to take me a little while though, I usually complete WG tests pretty quickly but I think the SJT part took longer than I thought it might.

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    I think I now believe in miracles and/or a higher power :eek:

After my train wreck of a telephone interview with Mayer Brown on Friday, I’ve been invited to an AC?!?

(Praying I don’t later receive an email to say it was a glitch!)

Ahh congratulations!! So glad to hear this news, goes to show how hard interviews can be to gauge! Very best of luck with the AC :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.