2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeilaScott

Valued Member
Nov 19, 2020
💗💗💗💗💗. Thank you so much for the encouragement. I’ve turned it in. Any tips for the assessment? Ive been doing a lot of brain exercise games, is that enough? :)
I would say thats enough, I thought I did awfully because i did average in the mathsy bit but i think they look at it in a v different way than we do, my scores were a lot higher in the emotify and the in-test yes and no gave me a bad impression - try to just go with your gut i think

Reactions: TCGIRLLL

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    💗💗💗💗💗. Thank you so much for the encouragement. I’ve turned it in. Any tips for the assessment? Ive been doing a lot of brain exercise games, is that enough?
    Do you mean their online test?

They sent three tests to do.

1. Values Fit - You have to rank 20 statements according to what you think you'd like your 'ideal job' to be like/entail. There's really no proper way to prepare for those kinds of tests as there are no wrong or right answers. I guess you can just research the firm's values, which is what I did :)

2. Emotify - You have to match facial expressions to the correct emotions. There are three exercises in this test. I found the last one the hardest. You have only 3 seconds for the first exercise and 1 minute for the second and third exercise. The third one was harder because you have to read 3 statements and match 3 emotions in one minute. All of them kinda looked the same lol

I think there are some free online tests that resemble Ashurst's Emotify test. However, I haven't done any.

3. Cognify - This test had 4 parts to it. They were all games based and I found the first one harder. It had some weird graph thing. The rest were fairly easy

Hope this helps :) Good luck!

TCGIRLLL

Star Member
    Apr 21, 2021
    Do you mean their online test?

They sent three tests to do.

1. Values Fit - You have to rank 20 statements according to what you think you'd like your 'ideal job' to be like/entail. There's really no proper way to prepare for those kinds of tests as there are no wrong or right answers. I guess you can just research the firm's values, which is what I did :)

2. Emotify - You have to match facial expressions to the correct emotions. There are three exercises in this test. I found the last one the hardest. You have only 3 seconds for the first exercise and 1 minute for the second and third exercise. The third one was harder because you have to read 3 statements and match 3 emotions in one minute. All of them kinda looked the same lol

I think there are some free online tests that resemble Ashurst's Emotify test. However, I haven't done any.

3. Cognify - This test had 4 parts to it. They were all games based and I found the first one harder. It had some weird graph thing. The rest were fairly easy

Hope this helps :) Good luck!
    Thank you so much! Out of the three, which did you find the most challenging?

Reactions: Sonia_Kawaii

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Thank you so much! Out of the three, which did you find the most challenging?

I think it would have to be the cognify test. There was a mental maths test 😂

I could have improved my score for the emotify test though so please do any free practice tests online if you find any.

You’ll also have a practice test before each exercise so don’t worry about being thrown off too much!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Asil Ahmad and TCGIRLLL
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.