2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bee6

Star Member
Jan 1, 2021
Hi all, if I received a VS offer firm but was unable to accept this offer, do I mention this under the same section I talked about a VS I had at another firm? Or should I leave it out? Thanks! :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all, if I received a VS offer firm but was unable to accept this offer, do I mention this under the same section I talked about a VS I had at another firm? Or should I leave it out? Thanks! :)
No - you leave it out unfortunately.

People don’t highlight what they chose not to do in applications.

Reactions: Bee6

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I’d wait to see if you are successful at getting an interview, and if you are, at that stage then inform them of the discrepancy.

It does matter, but there’s little point informing them until you know you have been shortlisted.

Reactions: TC fiend

N.9

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    Hi @Jessica Booker a quick question about A-Level grades, if you don't mind. If a firm asks whether AAB and you got A*AC on the application (yes/no answer) - what's the right answer as the grades asked for are worth the same UCAS points but are not AAB?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.