2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbyrne

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 15, 2021
I just completed my Ince VI. For anyone yet to complete it, do not worry. The questions are very straight-forward and easy. Good luck
Hi - thanks for the info! Can I ask when you heard back from Ince? I've only had the diversity questionnaire from them since submitting my application!

pbyrne

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 15, 2021
@Jessica Booker - Hi Jessica - I received a telephone interview invite - it just said the date and time, and to email them if the phone number to call is different from my application form, but didn't ask for confirmation or anything. Should I email to say thank you and confirm that I can do the interview?

Joelybob

Standard Member
Jun 16, 2019
Yes I'm hoping for no technical questions as it's with HR - mine is tomorrow! Have you had yours yet?
Mine is on Wednesday! The best of luck with yours tomorrow! I talked to a couple of people who went through it, and they said it's fairly relaxed with standard questions. They also told me that not everyone gets one, so to take it as a positive sign re your application

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
Had enough people message me thinking they have had a terrible interview and ask me to digest it, to only find out a few days later they got an interview.

Sometimes people are overly critical of themselves and assume the worse post-interview. That’s all very normal thinking processes for someone to go through, but it doesn’t mean they are always the most rationale 😉
I've totally had this experience recently... I almost teared up during my interview thinking it all went south to be informed later by grad rec that they received "great feedback from my interview" and invited me to the next stage. I was in shock haha!

Reactions: dext92

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker - Hi Jessica - I received a telephone interview invite - it just said the date and time, and to email them if the phone number to call is different from my application form, but didn't ask for confirmation or anything. Should I email to say thank you and confirm that I can do the interview?
Yes - no harm in confirming.

Reactions: pbyrne

MLF

Valued Member
  • Mar 15, 2021
    For anyone still waiting to hear back from RPC post app submission, they emailed me this morning to let me know that they will be getting back to all candidates by the end of August.
    Hey, thanks for sharing the info, have they mentioned whether they would still be inviting candidates to WG tests and interviews or is it only for PFOs ? I saw some people have received invites already so just wondering if I should still have some hope!

Thanks

RkRk0681

Star Member
  • Mar 16, 2021
    Hey, thanks for sharing the info, have they mentioned whether they would still be inviting candidates to WG tests and interviews or is it only for PFOs ? I saw some people have received invites already so just wondering if I should still have some hope!

Thanks
    Hey, in the email they said that they'd be sending out WG invites at that time too so I think we can be cautiously hopeful!

• Love
    Reactions: MLF
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.