TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hi,

I applied for A&O's TC a week ago(v late), did the SJT and got an email saying I passed the SJT, my app is at the review stage, and that I have the qualities of a A&O trainee etc.. THis is for the TC, rather than VS, so YMMV but thought I'd let you know. Haven't heard back otherwise.
    From your other post in the forum I thought you already had a TC? Or are you applying for others before you accept?

Tams_rams

Standard Member
    Sep 25, 2021
    From your other post in the forum I thought you already had a TC? Or are you applying for others before you accept?
    Yes, I've got a TC, but applied to A&O a week ago, prior to accepting very recently. I've decided to accept my TC as the deadline was looming this week, but I thought I'd let others know that A&O do inform you if you passed the SJT(at least for the direct TC application in my experience). Good luck anyways for the applications and any others you do! :)

SamTam99

Legendary Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    2 days- I was informed I passed the test within 2 days.

The portal said my app was under review since the day I applied and did the SJT though, not sure if there is a delay

All the very best!
    Thanks for letting me know! I completed my SJT today and my portal updated to under review immediately, but haven’t had an email yet. All the best to you too, congrats on your TC :)

Veep9

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    Hi,

I applied for A&O's TC a week ago(v late), did the SJT and got an email saying I passed the SJT, my app is at the review stage, and that I have the qualities of a A&O trainee etc.. THis is for the TC, rather than VS, so YMMV but thought I'd let you know. Haven't heard back otherwise.
    I didn’t get that email about passing the SJT. Scared now.

D

Deleted member 2707

Does anyone know if one can apply to both HSF's Winter and Spring/Summer VS? The Winter VS app window is closing in a few days so I don't know if it's wise to apply for it if I only have one shot...
    Last cycle I was able to apply for both Winter and Summer- but it might have changed this cycle so don't quote me on this! Best to double check with Graduate Recruitment

Reactions: OB

kitty_kat

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 10, 2020
    2 days- I was informed I passed the test within 2 days.

The portal said my app was under review since the day I applied and did the SJT though, not sure if there is a delay

All the very best!
    congrats!! just to confirm, u weren't informed that you passed the SJT immediately right? thanks and well done again! :)

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Yes, I've got a TC, but applied to A&O a week ago, prior to accepting very recently. I've decided to accept my TC as the deadline was looming this week, but I thought I'd let others know that A&O do inform you if you passed the SJT(at least for the direct TC application in my experience). Good luck anyways for the applications and any others you do! :)
    Just checking as your response about the SJT has seemed to stress quite a few users out. Congrats and best of luck for the TC :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.