TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
Guys for CC Laura said today at the event that everyone would have received an application update today. Also waiting to hear from CC bear with them as their grad recruitment were in the Grow event today all day.
I haven't heard either but mentally prepping myself for ghosting/PFO if everyone heard back today

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    Hi! Yes I have submitted the SJT and passed it:) which scheme did you apply for? Weirdly, I got completely ghosted by A&O last cycle after the SJT (didn't even get a rejection until I submitted my new app)
    Sorry to hear that :( was this for the vacation scheme or training contract?
    Was for the vacation scheme. September is a long time but it’s not a PFO until you receive one and I’m sure it’s different for TCs.

Luckily I’m not really phased, I’m not really even sure why I applied to A&O it’s definitely not my preferred firm!

Reactions: bibss

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    Was for the vacation scheme. September is a long time but it’s not a PFO until you receive one and I’m sure it’s different for TCs.

Luckily I’m not really phased, I’m not really even sure why I applied to A&O it’s definitely not my preferred firm!
    It’s a shame that they don’t even look at your application and simply benchmark your SJT against associates at the firm though. You can tell they’re looking for a very specific type of candidate.

JSM123

Star Member
    Oct 11, 2021
    Does anyone know what this email from Clifford Chance means:

"your profile is of interest and your application is under further consideration. You will not be sent the Watson Glaser test for the moment"

Unsure why they wouldn't send the test?

• Sad
    Reactions: GXA123

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    Has anyone had an update from CC yet ?
    I think we’ll likely hear by the end of next week depending on how many people pass the WG test :/

I understand why people would say that getting the ‘profile of interest’ email this morning was somehow positive, but it was quite disappointing for me. It’s so disheartening being the second choice. Well, all of this is assuming we are actually on a reserve/maybe list. Sorry everyone for my little rant 😅🤣

elizabeth_98

Distinguished Member
    Oct 13, 2020
    I think we’ll likely hear by the end of next week depending on how many people pass the WG test :/

I understand why people would say that getting the ‘profile of interest’ email this morning was somehow positive, but it was quite disappointing for me. It’s so disheartening being the second choice. Well, all of this is assuming we are actually on a reserve/maybe list. Sorry everyone for my little rant 😅🤣
    I fully agree, it doesn’t really instil much confidence if we were to make it to an assessment stage as i would feel like a second choice. Maybe that’s just me being negative though 😂😂

• Sad
    Reactions: Haris and bibss
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.