TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Guys, can I ask how do trainees show their commercial awareness?
I’d say it’s a key part of any role or responsibility related to their job and that they would demonstrate it by not only just completing the process/document/research, but by keeping in mind why they are doing it, why it is important to the client and why it’s going to add value by doing it.

Reactions: S87

golden99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2021
Hi @Jessica Booker @AvniD,
I’m a masters student (law conversion) and have applied for the 2024 Clifford chance stream, I am planning on doing another masters after my current masters. The firm has said such students above that of a final non law undergrad should have applied for 2023 ordinarily, shall I let them know in an email why I applied for 2024 instead?

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
For anyone who's still waiting on CC 2023, they told me they didn't send me a test/profile of interest email because I've already passed the WG in a previous cycle. Therefore they didn't need to resend me the test. They'll be updating candidates later today

• 🏆
Reactions: djqb and OB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker @AvniD,
I’m a masters student (law conversion) and have applied for the 2024 Clifford chance stream, I am planning on doing another masters after my current masters. The firm has said such students above that of a final non law undergrad should have applied for 2023 ordinarily, shall I let them know in an email why I applied for 2024 instead?
Yes, I would email them to explain this. Just keep the email as brief/to the point as possible.

Reactions: AvniD

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
I’d say it’s a key part of any role or responsibility related to their job and that they would demonstrate it by not only just completing the process/document/research, but by keeping in mind why they are doing it, why it is important to the client and why it’s going to add value by doing it.
Thank you

SCN

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 20, 2020
Hi, does anyone know whether you can complete links capps assessment separately to filling out the form. Like, if I filled out the form today, could I return back tomorrow to complete the capps assessment or does it have to be in one sitting.

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hi, does anyone know whether you can complete links capps assessment separately to filling out the form. Like, if I filled out the form today, could I return back tomorrow to complete the capps assessment or does it have to be in one sitting.
    Can do it separately, same with the WG after

BM99

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 12, 2021
    Hi @Jessica Booker , I have applied to CC 2024 TC. I'm currently doing a part time masters and will graduate in 2023. As I remember there is no entry in CC's application form about the duration of my masters, should I email the graduate recruitment to explain my situation?

syw

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    Does anyone know if Hogan Lovells lets you know if youve passed the WG or not?:)
    They disclose the percentile you got, but they don't say whether you have passed or not. If it helps, I've recently secured a summer vac scheme offer from HL after not doing that well on their WG test. So from this, i would say they consider your score in conjunction with other factors of your application.

hopefullylaw2000

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2020
    They disclose the percentile you got, but they don't say whether you have passed or not. If it helps, I've recently secured a summer vac scheme offer from HL after not doing that well on their WG test. So from this, i would say they consider your score in conjunction with other factors of your application.
    Thank you! I completed it this morning so might wait a few days before asking for my percentile ! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.