TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer85

Sep 4, 2020
I disagree with this as everyone receives the test that applies.
Their faq says:

“The first stage of the process is an application form, which is completed online. If successful at this stage, you will then be asked to complete a situational strengths test (SST), again online. If you meet the standard on the SST, then you will be invited to undertake an on-demand strengths based video interview. Should you be successful at this stage, you will then be invited to undertake a case study exercise. The location of the case study exercise (virtual or in person) will depend on the Covid-19 situation and government guidelines at the time of interview.”

Have more faith in yourself. If you got to that stage you have progressed.

LL

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 22, 2021
Received my feedback report for Linklaters today and had ‘respect’ as my lowest scoring attributes.

I am quite shocked because it’s actually one of my highest scoring attributes for the past 2 cycles? In real life, I can also genuinely say that respect is probably the attribute that I am most likely to possess out of all the ones they look for. It’s something I truly value and I’m always conscious of it.

Does anyone know if there’s any chance of making it to the AC with a weakness like this? Who would want to progress someone who lacks respect? Everything else can be developed, but a lack of respect seems to suggest there is something inherently wrong with my character? Maybe I’m taking this a bit too personal but I honestly have no clue what happened 😞

snailvibez

Dec 11, 2021
Received my feedback report for Linklaters today and had ‘respect’ as my lowest scoring attributes.

I am quite shocked because it’s actually one of my highest scoring attributes for the past 2 cycles? In real life, I can also genuinely say that respect is probably the attribute that I am most likely to possess out of all the ones they look for. It’s something I truly value and I’m always conscious of it.

Does anyone know if there’s any chance of making it to the AC with a weakness like this? Who would want to progress someone who lacks respect? Everything else can be developed, but a lack of respect seems to suggest there is something inherently wrong with my character? Maybe I’m taking this a bit too personal but I honestly have no clue what happened 😞
did you answer the questions differently this cycle? and may i ask when did you receive the feedback?

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021

I think you should not worry now. I got respect as the lowest score attribute as well. If you read the assessment report it refers Respect to the ability to consider diversity and appreciation of repetitive tasks (I don't know if it is different for your report). I don't think it is really related to your character.

I got respect as the lowest probably because I said I preferred exciting and challenging tasks much more than repetitive tasks.😅I'm quite sure I put that I like working with people from different backgrounds.

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD and LL

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021

Not by any means to say that this means you won’t get through… but a few people on here didn’t make it through to AC last year and had respect as their lowest attribute.

no one knows exactly how they score the SJT though so take that with a pinch of salt!

Reactions: LL and OB

unserious candidate

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
  • Nov 7, 2021

Please try to remember that your lowest scoring attribute doesn’t necessarily mean you scored low on that attribute.

BM99

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 12, 2021

What are your strengths?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.