TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you, and do you know if the Summer Vac Scheme 2022 will be for the 2024 Training Contract (and if so which intake March or September)?
I don’t know for sure - but I would expect it to be for the current training contract intakes they are recruiting for.

Reactions: F99

LS07

Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 23, 2020
@Jessica Booker

Hello Jessica, I am applying to Addleshaw Goddard which has a lot less offices than other firms (13 offices). However I personally find that attractive as to me it seems they are very strategic with where they open new offices and don't just open an office to open one but find other ways to cover their clients' needs to still able to cover all the regions (through business groups. preferred firm network and alliances). I also think it means that there is more of a cohesive international culture across all their offices and it is not lost in translation. Do you think these are well justified and strong enough reasons? Can you think of any other important points? Thank you!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker

Hello Jessica, I am applying to Addleshaw Goddard which has a lot less offices than other firms (13 offices). However I personally find that attractive as to me it seems they are very strategic with where they open new offices and don't just open an office to open one but find other ways to cover their clients' needs to still able to cover all the regions (through business groups. preferred firm network and alliances). I also think it means that there is more of a cohesive international culture across all their offices and it is not lost in translation. Do you think these are well justified and strong enough reasons? Can you think of any other important points? Thank you!
I think it is one element to discuss, but should be weaved in with other points.

For instance, you could say this is stronger at firms like Slaughter and May and Macfarlanes that both have even fewer offices than AG, so try to use a combination of factors that make you think AG is right for you rather than just one factor.

Also try to weave in what this means for you as a lawyer and why that aligns with you on a day to day basis.

Reactions: AvniD and LS07

SCN

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 20, 2020
Received my feedback report for Linklaters today and had ‘respect’ as my lowest scoring attributes.

I am quite shocked because it’s actually one of my highest scoring attributes for the past 2 cycles? In real life, I can also genuinely say that respect is probably the attribute that I am most likely to possess out of all the ones they look for. It’s something I truly value and I’m always conscious of it.

Does anyone know if there’s any chance of making it to the AC with a weakness like this? Who would want to progress someone who lacks respect? Everything else can be developed, but a lack of respect seems to suggest there is something inherently wrong with my character? Maybe I’m taking this a bit too personal but I honestly have no clue what happened 😞
Hi, I totally understand where you're coming from and honestly these SJT are a hit and miss and not an accurate reflection of who you are as a person! Links probably have a lot more information than you about your test scores. For example, and this is purely speculation btw, let's say they ranked everyone's attributes out of 10 and all your highest attributes were a 9/10 or 10/10 but respect was 8/10 - it's your lowest in comparison to your highest ranking attributes, but it's not shockingly bad to the point where they would think you were a disrespectful person!! You could also argue that every attribute is important to links so I wouldn't worry. It's only PFO if they tell you its a PFO

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    For A&O first questions about skills should you use an example for each skill or should you talk about an example then discuss multiple skills gained how did people structure this question.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.