Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
furloughing staff

Furloughing staff is a very different consideration to recruiting people.

Article suggests 100 people are being furloughed. That could easily be people who are not working because offices are closed (eg receptionists), or people who have to shield and therefore can’t necessarily work.

I would expect most firms will be furloughing some employees

Reactions: Zayn, Lauren2 and gg999

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Furloughing staff is a very different consideration to recruiting people.

Article suggests 100 people are being furloughed. That could easily be people who are not working because offices are closed (eg receptionists), or people who have to shield and therefore can’t necessarily work.

I would expect most firms will be furloughing some employees
Thank you for clarifying

Andre

Valued Member
Jan 30, 2020
Received a call from Dentons re postponed AC.

Was offered the choice to either partake in a virtual AC for a vac scheme this year (likely to also be virtual over the length of 3-4 days), or have my application deferred and get fast-tracked to an AC early next year.
Did you complete the first interview or is that what you mean by AC?

Edit: I just reread their application process and saw that you do the AC before the vac scheme - must have changed from last year.

I reckon they are prioritising the people for vac scheme prior to assessing people for TC post-1st interview.

Popal

Distinguished Member
Feb 25, 2020
I applied on 13 Feb and received WG on 15 April! Have not heard back post test yet.
Same here but did WG back in March. Does anyone know whether Dentons sends everyone the WG or does this mean the application has been assessed and passed onto the next stage?

I agree, I imagine we won’t hear until they’ve sorted out what’s happening with the Vac schemes!

Jenna

Distinguished Member
Dec 18, 2019
Same here but did WG back in March. Does anyone know whether Dentons sends everyone the WG or does this mean the application has been assessed and passed onto the next stage?

I agree, I imagine we won’t hear until they’ve sorted out what’s happening with the Vac schemes!

I'm sure they review your application and if you meet their initial criteria they then progress you to the WG. Not entirely sure whether they review your WG score along with your application or whether you are automatically invited to telephone interview if you pass the benchmark though.

Reactions: Popal

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi guys - had a few messages recently asking me a bit about the application process and my experiences with things like the Watson Glaser, vac schemes and interviews, so I just wanted to reshare the link to my 'Ask me anything' thread https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....e-trainee-at-freshfields-anything.2276/page-3

This will hopefully be a central resource for all things application-related since I have only just recently had these experiences so please ask away whilst it is still fresh in my mind! I am keen to answer on here rather than over message just because everyone can then benefit from the responses this way. There is no such thing as a silly question either :)

FutureCity

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
Think it related to furloughing staff - though this is nothing to worry about necessarily as it is a measure many businesses have taken during this time

My prediction is that most firms will go ahead with recruitment this cycle because they have already invested so much and they will eventually need trainees any way.

We may see a dip in recruitment and trainee positions open next cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.