Paralegal position in London

Arash

Dec 11, 2019
Hey @Arash @amb98 and @Tautvydas

I’ve not even done the GDL yet so don’t think I’ve ever been eligible to look for paralegal roles but have you heard of F-LEX? It’s a paralegal service- I only know of them through word of mouth really and not sure exactly what the situation is like for them right now but it could be an option to perhaps boost your applications and possible get some preliminary experience? :) otherwise, I’d genuinely consider other roles either within law firms or even LegalTech if this is at all of interest. I joined a contract automation company at the start of this year and have loved it so much and feel liked I’ve gained a better understanding of commercial law through it too.
Hi Alice

Thanks for introducing F-LEX, regarding your point about other roles, I have actually been trying to get any legal related roles to build up a legal portfolio but as my professional experience is in events management, recruiters seem to ignore the transferable skills factor, however never say never;)

Reactions: Alice G

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Guys,

I am going to give you an advice here. It took me 8 months to find a decent job so do not despair also because we are in recession.
However, my first role was not in the legal industry. I accepted a low skilled job in the insurance sector but that allowed me to: 1) gain an insight in the insurance industry, 2) gain transferable skills, 3) work in an office environment (which is hard) and use it as a leverage to get my first paralegal role less than six months later.

Please bear in mind that every industry is a step to a training contract.

Reactions: Arash and OB

Jen E C

Esteemed Member
Sep 6, 2018
Re F-Lex: the last I'd heard they had paused their onboarding for a month, which I don't believe is up yet (although I could easily be wrong). More, I was onboarded early May and have yet to hear anything from them. It may simply be the case that I am just not suitable for the roles they currently have, but do believe they are quite quiet at the moment.

Nonetheless, it is definitely worth still applying and you have nothing to lose in being onboarded. Hopefully things pick up soon, but I just wanted to give the headsup not to expect anything too immediate from them. There are also numerous other companies eg Lawyersondemand, which I have read elsewhere on this forum as apparently having greater demand at the moment.

Reactions: Arash

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.