2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJCH

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Nov 2, 2020
Does anyone know if Mayer Brown would heavily hire via VS route? Is it worth applying for a direct TC?

I am having a full-time role, so unfortunately may not be able to do VS...

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
Does anyone know if Mayer Brown would heavily hire via VS route? Is it worth applying for a direct TC?

I am having a full-time role, so unfortunately may not be able to do VS...
Yes, I applied direct TC too and they do take on direct TC applicants.

Reactions: CJCH

PF'noooo!

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021
Hey everyone. Has anyone applied to Charles Russell Speechly for a direct TC?
I am having a bit of trouble with the work experience section. Usually I just use bullet pointed lists for the work experience entries.
However, on the portal it asks the following under the work experience section.

''Outline your role and the key skills you developed from this experience''

Do you think this implies that they expect a paragraph instead of bullet points?

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
Hey everyone. Has anyone applied to Charles Russell Speechly for a direct TC?
I am having a bit of trouble with the work experience section. Usually I just use bullet pointed lists for the work experience entries.
However, on the portal it asks the following under the work experience section.

''Outline your role and the key skills you developed from this experience''

Do you think this implies that they expect a paragraph instead of bullet points?
“Outline” sounds like it should be a brief explanation. How many words is it? It seems like you should mention your responsibilities and then explain the skills you developed from each responsibility.

By the way - I would recommend using paragraphs in work experience section unless you can format the text box or it’s a CV!

PF'noooo!

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021
“Outline” sounds like it should be a brief explanation. How many words is it? It seems like you should mention your responsibilities and then explain the skills you developed from each responsibility.

By the way - I would recommend using paragraphs in work experience section unless you can format the text box or it’s a CV!
Hey Holly, thanks for your help. The word account is unlimited. So I think its best to use paragraphs as you said and keep it bullet point free

pbyrne

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 15, 2021
Anyone heard from Bristows post-VI?
I just got this email about 10 minutes ago - is this what they're sending to everyone do you think?

"Thank you for completing your video interview. We have now progressed your application to a round of screening by partners of the firm. We will be in touch regarding their decisions in due course.

If you no longer wish to be considered for a Training Contract, please let us know at [email protected].

We appreciate your patience while our partners take the time to review your application form and video interview submission."

Adrian_Healey

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 14
  • Oct 18, 2020
    I just got this email about 10 minutes ago - is this what they're sending to everyone do you think?

"Thank you for completing your video interview. We have now progressed your application to a round of screening by partners of the firm. We will be in touch regarding their decisions in due course.

If you no longer wish to be considered for a Training Contract, please let us know at [email protected].

We appreciate your patience while our partners take the time to review your application form and video interview submission."
    I just got it too, I always knew it was partners looking through them so I don’t know if they also get looked through by GR. Either way can’t be bad news right? :) good luck

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.