2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
Hi everyone, I am a career changer and (very) new to the application process. I have submitted the bulk of my applications but keen to submit one more to Charles Russell Speechly. The deadline is on Jan 31st. Their website does not provide any indication on whether or not applications are considered on a rolling basis. Has anyone heard if it is rolling or know whether it would be worthwhile submitting an application to them this week at this late stage.
People have said it’s non-rolling but honestly, even if it was rolling it’s always worth a try! Good luck! :)

Reactions: Bugsy Malone

Tushar

Distinguished Member
Mar 18, 2020
Great to know that people have been hearing back from Freshfields! Congratulations to those who have heard back.
Meanwhile, I'd be really thankful to anybody who'd be willing to share her/his successful personal statement with me so that I could get some idea as to where I went wrong. Thank you! :)

• 📥
Reactions: EVjuji

castrooo

Legendary Member
Sep 17, 2020
Ahh interesting - most people that have heard back applied quite near the deadline. I applied in October so probably will be waiting a while lol
I applied on the 6th of January (so a day before the deadline) but am still waiting to hear back. I think they started reviewing the applications that were submitted on deadline day first, hopefully we will hear back soon :)

• 🤝
Reactions: WannabeSolicitor24

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hi everyone, I am a career changer and (very) new to the application process. I have submitted the bulk of my applications but keen to submit one more to Charles Russell Speechly. The deadline is on Jan 31st. Their website does not provide any indication on whether or not applications are considered on a rolling basis. Has anyone heard if it is rolling or know whether it would be worthwhile submitting an application to them this week at this late stage.

Hi, the above thread may be able to help. What I would say is that the 31st is still a decent time away and you'll never win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket!

• Love
    Reactions: Holly

PF'noooo!

Star Member
    Jan 19, 2021

Hi, the above thread may be able to help. What I would say is that the 31st is still a decent time away and you'll never win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket!
    Thank you and yes you are right!!

JayC

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 8, 2021
    I applied on the deadline and have not heard back - assuming that's a PFO? Odd that they would review in reverse order of submission though

theTC_girl

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 14, 2019
    It is non rolling. Attended an insight evening with them where this was mentioned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.