2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbie4329

Distinguished Member
Jul 21, 2020
If it's helpful - my rejected application for the Freshers Meet Freshfields 2018 event was updated in January 2021, so I really don't think you guys need to be too concerned about when the portal was updated.
Similar thing here. My rejected application for a direct TC from last year was updated on 2nd Nov 2020. Which was the same day I submitted my application this year. Weirdly, the portal has replaced my rejected app from last year with my new app from this year so it now looks like I’ve submitted identical applications this year and last year.

Reactions: thelegalsieve

ibs97

Legendary Member
Jan 20, 2020
Similar thing here. My rejected application for a direct TC from last year was updated on 2nd Nov 2020. Which was the same day I submitted my application this year. Weirdly, the portal has replaced my rejected app from last year with my new app from this year so it now looks like I’ve submitted identical applications this year and last year.
ditto for me my old app was 'updated' on the 7th jan but my new one was updated on the 21st jan? it's a very weird app portal imo and best not to read anything into it

Reactions: Abbie4329 and Manifesting

CA98

Nov 11, 2019
Just received my results from Mayer Brown and I got below average and average results.... Should I expect a PFO? Really disappointed tbh, this was the one I put the most effort into
nah I have a friend who got 5 below averages last year and still got a telephone interview. They review your application in conjunction with your test results so I'm certain you still have a pretty decent shot at an interview if you've done a good one.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Are they locked into a contract? Can they not change to a different system?

these systems are not just used for graduate recruitment in the U.K., they are typically used for all hiring globally.

Graduate recruitment is not like normal recruitment, so the systems are not really designed for the quirks we have. Which is why both recruiters and candidates have to put up with it!

Reactions: Miki3999

MzM

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2019
these systems are not just used for graduate recruitment in the U.K., they are typically used for all hiring globally.

Graduate recruitment is not like normal recruitment, so the systems are not really designed for the quirks we have. Which is why both recruiters and candidates have to put up with it!
Ahhh makes sense!

Jordon

• Oct 2, 2020
    Has anyone heard back from Irwin Mitchell yet? From what i've heard they usually start getting back to people end of January/beginning of February for video interviews

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.