2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiancaM

Distinguished Member
  • Apr 10, 2021
    I applied to RPC way back in March and never received an online test invite! Maybe they're taking their time rejecting me.
    sorry to hear that! hopefully it's because they're still considering you?
    i was waiting for a month with some firms, thinking i might be entering the next stage and only received rejection emails when offer holders celebrated on linkedin so i'm not so sure anymore 🥲

Reactions: RkRk0681

RkRk0681

Star Member
  • Mar 16, 2021
    sorry to hear that! hopefully it's because they're still considering you?
    i was waiting for a month with some firms, thinking i might be entering the next stage and only received rejection emails when offer holders celebrated on linkedin so i'm not so sure anymore🥲
    They really like to keep us waiting only to deliver bad news 😪😪 thank you though

• 🤝
    Reactions: ElleWoods and BiancaM

JayC

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 8, 2021
    Hi there, sorry I can't be of any help, but please could you tell me when you submitted your app? Did you hear from them today?

Thank you and good luck for the TI!
    Thank you! Applied at 11:59 on Wednesday and heard back yesterday at 3:30 - quickest turnaround I've seen before

Reactions: N.9

pbyrne

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 15, 2021
    Does anyone have any advice for the Morgan Lewis telephone interview?! I'd be very very grateful - just got rejected at final round from another firm and I'm feeling very nervous! Also does anyone know if this is standard - are they doing telephone interviews with everyone?

Reactions: Joelybob

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    just got offered a training contract at Freshfields!!! Did not think I’d be writing these words here… thank you everyone on here who’s given me advice and help!!
    Amazing news! congratulations!

Well Done Wow GIF by Abitan

• Love
    Reactions: Tushar and SF1234

JoeyTr

Valued Member
  • Jan 4, 2021
    Does anyone have any advice for the Morgan Lewis telephone interview?! I'd be very very grateful - just got rejected at final round from another firm and I'm feeling very nervous! Also does anyone know if this is standard - are they doing telephone interviews with everyone?
    they're not doing them with everyone :) good luck!

Reactions: pbyrne

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Has anyone else ever had a horrible TC interview but then still got an offer? I really don't think mine could've gone any worse... wasn't expecting any of the questions that came up and dont think my answers were concise at all!! 😭
    Had enough people message me thinking they have had a terrible interview and ask me to digest it, to only find out a few days later they got an interview.

Sometimes people are overly critical of themselves and assume the worse post-interview. That’s all very normal thinking processes for someone to go through, but it doesn’t mean they are always the most rationale 😉

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.