Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker, for video interviews I tend to practice with a timer and eventually learn my answers by heart. If the questions are the same as the ones I rehearsed I may sound a bit unnatural or not spontaneous, do you know if this is something that is taken into account when assessing VIs?

Many thanks
Yes, it will be taken Into account if it seems over practised/rehearsed. The interiswera will want a sense this is a genuine answer, and there is a risk that it won't me across as such is rehearsed.

Reactions: MLF
A

Anon 11031

After 3 cycles and countless rejections, I have accepted a TC with my dream firm 🥳 Very grateful for TCLA.

I posted the below just before my first interview with the firm and it's been difficult to go through the already intense process while grieving (& starting a new job!), but I somehow did it!

Would be very happy to help other people if I can, just send me a message.

Hasn't quite sunk in yet!
Huge congratulations, I recall you posting the initial quoted post. That is some absolutely incredible resilience and I'm so happy to hear you were successful!

Hopefully things are getting easier now, if only slightly, and you can celebrate this huge achievement! 🎊🎉🎊🎉

Penelope

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019
    Huge congratulations, I recall you posting the initial quoted post. That is some absolutely incredible resilience and I'm so happy to hear you were successful!

Hopefully things are getting easier now, if only slightly, and you can celebrate this huge achievement! 🎊🎉🎊🎉
    Thanks so much! Congrats to you too

RkRk0681

Star Member
  • Mar 16, 2021
    Hi everyone. For my upcoming AC I have to give a presentation on a fairly niche topic (in light of Brexit, should Scotland be able to have another referendum & what should the questions be). I know that I'll have to state my opinion, present both sides of the argument & back up mine, answer the questions and relate it back to the firm, but does anyone have any other suggestions on the structure? Any help is appreciated :)

Georgina Evans

Valued Member
  • Jul 25, 2019
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I was supposed to be finding out the outcome from a vac scheme I did last week this afternoon. However, something has come up with the lady at the firm who has asked to cancel and reschedule our meeting until mid next week.

I've been so nervous and anxious about the call this afternoon that I'm obviously disappointed to not be finding out today but having to wait until next week and don't want to carry my anxiety through any longer.

Is there anything I can do, i thought about emailing grad rec and asking if they could deliver my outcome via email or short call today to put me out of my anxious worry and then have the feedback call later in the week or to just put up with the stress for 5 more days.
    I just don't want to do anything that could reflect badly on me in any way as I understand that things come up meaning our meeting isnt possbile today- any advice would be great.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I was supposed to be finding out the outcome from a vac scheme I did last week this afternoon. However, something has come up with the lady at the firm who has asked to cancel and reschedule our meeting until mid next week.

I've been so nervous and anxious about the call this afternoon that I'm obviously disappointed to not be finding out today but having to wait until next week and don't want to carry my anxiety through any longer.

Is there anything I can do, i thought about emailing grad rec and asking if they could deliver my outcome via email or short call today to put me out of my anxious worry and then have the feedback call later in the week or to just put up with the stress for 5 more days.
    I just don't want to do anything that could reflect badly on me in any way as I understand that things come up meaning our meeting isnt possbile today- any advice would be great.
    I don’t think there is anything you can do. They have clearly delayed for a reason and would have considered other options like an email or someone else calling you if that was appropriate/feasible.

These type of things happen all the time unfortunately, and especially with things like Covid, disruption can happen far too quickly. I would focus on putting your attention elsewhere for the time being and waiting until the call next week.

Reactions: Jacob Miller
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.